Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lost in Osaka 2014/10/3 22:02
Just arrived in Osaka today and wanted to see as much as I can before I move onto Takayama and Koya. However I'm unfamiliar with the subways here and just spent the day walking from Osaka castle to Namba...I'm currently staying at an Otemae hotel just west of Osaka castle.

I'm planning to see the Aquarium tomorrow, can someone tell me how I can easily visit Namba or the Aquarium without walking several miles? :/
by KGhaleon  

Re: Lost in Osaka 2014/10/4 12:30
Try using Jorudan or hyperdia, from google map i think ur hotel is nearest to the Tanimachi Yonchome which has the Chuo line, direct to Osakako, the station near to the aquarium.

Here s the Jorudan link

http://world.jorudan.co.jp/norikae/cgi-bin/engkeyin.cgi
by Osaka fan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost in Osaka 2014/10/4 12:33
For Namba, u need to change lines, again try jorudan :)

Here s the link for namba

http://world.jorudan.co.jp/norikae/cgi-bin/engkeyin.cgi
by Osaka friend (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost in Osaka 2014/10/4 20:57
Yeah, spent the day figuring it all out. I think the only question I have now is, is there a card similar to the suica that I can use on most of the train routes? I spent a lot of time today paying for one-way tickets.

I think I saw a rainbow card advertised at one of the machines, but there was no info about it.
by KGhaleon rate this post as useful

Re: Lost in Osaka 2014/10/4 21:12
The prepaid card is called Icoca, but there are day passes (which covers subways n buses in Osaka) which cost 800 yen on a weekday and 600 yen on a weekend, which you can purchased at the sunway station.

Have you considered the. Osaka Amazing Pass?

It s a real bargain imho :)
by Osaka fan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost in Osaka 2014/10/4 21:20
Suica is also working in Osaka, right?

I could swear that I only had the Suica card on my holiday last year and used it everywhere where the JR pass wasn't accepted. And I have been to Osaka...
by fatgermanbloke rate this post as useful

reply to this thread