Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Autumn - Shirakawago or Ainokura? 2014/10/11 01:38
we are planning to visit on oct 28th and have only enough time to visit one place (either Ogimachi or Ainokura).
Ainokura seems smaller but has more ambience, whilst Ogimachi might present more photo variety..
Has anyone been to any of these places during autumn? and any recommendations to share?
Thanks atanablue.
by Eunice (guest)  

Re: Autumn - Shirakawago or Ainokura? 2014/10/11 15:26
I personally find Ogimachi much more interesting. The village is lager, and the houses are larger and more interesting. I also find the scenery nicer. Ainokura has much less to do. Ogimachi is definitely busier, but Ainokura is also visited by many tourists, especially on weekends.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Autumn - Shirakawago or Ainokura? 2014/10/11 16:40
It's a tough call. I personally liked Ainokura better, but aside from viewing the houses, there are only 2 that have been converted into walk-in museums. Aside from those, there are a few shops. The lookout is very nice and I actually thought there were better photo ops here in spite of Ogimachi having more houses. The houses in Ogimachi are not as well placed for pictures, but that was just my opinion.

The positive thing about Ogimachi is that there are a lot more places you can enter, as well as more shops and restaurants. The lookout has also become a somewhat iconic view.

by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Autumn - Shirakawago or Ainokura? 2014/10/11 19:53
Thanks very much, its going to be a tough one, but I suspect we'll pick ogimachi, as there's a bit more to see. thanks!
by Eunice (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread