Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

From Tokyo Station to Kawaguchiko 2014/10/12 18:52
Hi,

I'm a little confused. I plan to go to Kawaguchiko by train only and I used hyperdia. Do I really need to reserve ticket if I'm going to take LTD. EXP KAIJI and Fujikyu Railway? If yes, kindly give me their website or contact number. Or can I just purchase it from the train station itself? I plan to go this November which is peak season for autumn.

Thanks
by JC (guest)  

Re: From Tokyo Station to Kawaguchiko 2014/10/12 19:11
Do I really need to reserve ticket if I'm going to take LTD. EXP KAIJI and Fujikyu Railway?

No, seat reservations are not mandatory as the train also carries some wagons with unreserved seating. Unreserved seats are a few hundred yen cheaper than reserved seats.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: From Tokyo Station to Kawaguchiko 2014/10/12 19:16
From Otsuki (JR) to Kawaguchiko, it is by Fujikyu (private) at 1140Y.
If you just travel to kawaguchiko and return the next day, there is a Fujisan Express free ticket that allows you to travel on its non-reserved seat of the limited express.
http://e.fujikyu-railway.jp/ticket/
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: From Tokyo Station to Kawaguchiko 2014/10/12 19:43
I see, but does it take long to purchase tickets? From what I researched, I'm only given a little time to purchase tickets. Is the ticketing office far from the platform?

If I missed my train schedule, approximately how long should I wait again?

It seems like taking the bus is a better option?
by JC (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: From Tokyo Station to Kawaguchiko 2014/10/12 19:45
If you dont have that express ticket, you have to wait for the "normal" rail which costs 1140Y. With that, you can travel on both normal and limited express.

Note I have not bought this ticket before but found it when I was searching for more info on Fujikyu rail.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread