Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR train to sapporo 2014/10/14 09:11
Hi there,

Been debating if I should make a trip to Sapporo on the JR train. From what I understand, there are two trains (one of which does not run in October but runs for a few months). This train (faster train) is fully booked until March next year, can anyone confirm?

I think I'd be in Sapporo maybe for a day or two at most, so I'm debating if it's a feasible trip there or not.
by flonie (guest)  

Re: JR train to sapporo 2014/10/14 13:26
Are you referring to Night Train? And where you taking the train from?

Is there any reason you want to squeeze in Sapporo in your itinerary for a period of just 2 days?

Night train normally only available for booking 1 month in advance, at least this hold true for Cassiopeia, normally will be fully booked by the time you reach Japan, unless you book through travel agent where you will need to pay a full amount of 50-60K Yen.

by vinces7 rate this post as useful

Re: JR train to sapporo 2014/10/14 13:38
Why don't you fly?
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR train to sapporo 2014/10/14 14:10
Because my companion wants to take hte train and see the sights of Japan...

Is there much to do in Sapporo though?

Yes it is the night train, it has to be booked through a travel agent?
by flonie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR train to sapporo 2014/10/14 14:15
Where are you taking the train from? Which Night train? Cassiopeia will probably be booked out by the time you reach Japan unless you ask someone to book, which also means you need to pay full price for it (some sites/forums did mention about you can refund part of it with JR pass, but I doubt it)
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread