Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

train Tokyo to Nagano Working Holiday Visas 2014/10/14 13:10
Hi,

I will be in Tokyo in November and travelling to the Nagano District. I will be in Japan on a Working/Holiday Visa so am not eligable for the JR Pass. Just wondering what would be the best way for me to get around ( by best i mean cheapest!)

I want to get from Tokyo to the area around Usui-toge Pass to explore a bit. Then to Matsumoto. I then wanted to explore areas around the Torii Pass and then on to Nagano itself. I also want to visit the Jigokudani Monkey Park before going to Hakuba. Ive heard local trains are much cheaper but cannot find much info about these.

Thanks!
by ross (guest)  

Re: train Tokyo to Nagano Working Holiday Visas 2014/10/14 15:22
Maybe calculate if the JR Kanto pass would be beneficial? Or the Seishun 18 Kippu? All available to foreign residents of Japan.

You could get to Karuizawa with the JR Kanto pass and then see how the routes work.
by asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: train Tokyo to Nagano Working Holiday Visas 2014/10/14 15:23
Oh I thought you wrote December, Seishun 18 Kippu isn't valid in November. Sorry!
by asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread