Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

itenary for 2 weeks trip to japan 2014/10/18 16:18
Hi, I am planning a 2 weeks trip to Japan (Arrive in Osaka Kansai on 20Feb 2015, leaving on 6thMar(Depart fr Osaka Kansai).

would like to cover Osaka,Kyoto, Tokyo, Mount Fuji, visit local villages at Chichibu-Shi, Saitama, Yasuoko village . is it possible to do so much? any hotel recommendations for Mt Fuji?
It is Winter, what are some must do local things that I can take part in?

Also tips for transportation during the 2 weeks? And any local guide that we can engage?
thank you!
by Missyenny  

Re: itenary for 2 weeks trip to japan 2014/10/20 20:51
Do you have an idea of itinerary? There is much to see and do in all the places you mention, and probably plenty of "local" things to see depending on where you are when. Use the handy Japan Guide map to plan a route between the cities you'd like to visit, then use the articles on each to estimate the time you want to take to see each.

When you've got an itinerary roughly sketched out, post again and we will help refine it.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: itenary for 2 weeks trip to japan 2014/10/21 10:14
Considering total balance in 2 weeks.
Osaka(2day),Kyoto(3day), Tokyo(3day), Mount Fuji(2day), visit local villages at Chichibu-Shi(1day), Saitama(1day), Yasuoko village (1day).
Total balance: 13days.
Regarding accomodation at Mt Fuji, to recomend to stay around Lake Kawaguchi.
How about to stay Ryokan with private bath?
http://hotspringjapan.weebly.com/tokyo-area.html
But you should alterative plan if heavy snow come during Winter.
http://www2m.biglobe.ne.jp/ZenTech/world/kion/Japan/Lake_Kawaguchi_ko....
Let's enjoy Japan meal,shopping, onsen, visiting famous spots as must do local things.
by homes (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: itenary for 2 weeks trip to japan 2014/10/21 16:43
Thank you for the advice, i will do up a more detailed draft and post it again soon!
by Missyenny rate this post as useful

Re: itenary for 2 weeks trip to japan 2014/10/22 04:48
Hiroshima and Miya jima are less than 2hrs by train from Osaka. These were my most memorable spots to visit. I did both locations as a day trip out of Kyoto, leaving Kyoto early morning visiting Hiroshima peace park, the dome, and museum, then took the ferry to Miyajima. These are a "not to be missed" in my opinion.
by Robyn chan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: itenary for 2 weeks trip to japan 2014/10/22 08:57
Yes, Hiroshima/Miyajima are definitely worth visiting - all the more if you are going to use a 2 week JR Rail Pass. Nara is also worth a day to see.
If you want more in the area, then you might trying hiking up to Konpirasan in Kotohira, Kagawa - it makes a fantastic ½ day hike:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ley9rVIewoQ
You could see Korakuen in Okayama too - it is one of Japan's finest gardens. But if you're going to see Tokyo, you can all but skip Osaka. There are some good places at night you could see, like Dotonbori, the Umeda Sky Bldg and Abeno Harukas views:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7LcPcmoSg-jkgQdiQlK2bcKCzr2pJQ...
For Mt. Fuji, what specifically are you hoping for? You can't climb it at that time, and it is often hidden behind clouds. Many find the view from far away is better than being near it. You might consider a day trip to Hakone - it has a good view, but also a number of other things to enjoy in case you can't see the mountain.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: itenary for 2 weeks trip to japan 2014/10/30 19:44
hi friends, here's what I have in mind so far, the booking of the guesthouses was really quite challenging as the ryokan we wanted was only available on 1st march.

Day 1: Monday - Osaka to Nagoya
- Side trip to Kiso Valley
Is the area ok during the Feb period?

Day 2 : Tuesday - explore Nagoya
-most places (such as Nagoya castle, and the science Museum) are closed on Monday,

Day 3 : Wednesday - Nagoya to Gero Onsen
- Is it worth the trip? Or should I go to Gujo?

Day 4 : Thursday - Gero Onsen to Takayama

Day 5 : Friday - explore Takayama

Day 6: Saturday -Takayama to Okuhida
- For the Shinhotaka Ropeway

Day 7 : Sunday - Okuhida to Takayama to Shirakawago

Day 8: Monday - Shirakawago to Kanazawa

Day 9: Tuesday - explore Kanazawa

Day 10: Wednesday - Kanazawa to Kyoto

Day 11: Thursday - Kyoto to OSAKA

I don't plan to get JR pass as it is really expensive and my trip is more than 7 days but less than 14 days. I do not want a rush trip and prefer to take time to explore each city/town.

Feel free to share your thoughts and include ideas on places that I should be seeing if it's not here for the winter season in Feb'15:))

Thank you:))

by Missyenny rate this post as useful

reply to this thread