Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Finding work in Japan after masters 2014/10/19 22:30
I would like to pursue my master degree in Japan through the mext scholarship, after receiving the master degree in Japan (from a good university such as Tokyo University, Keio University or Kyoto University) how hard would it be for a foreigner to get accepted in a trainee program in a big company in Japan or a multinational in Japan or in other countries in Asia?

I know how to speak English, Portuguese and Spanish, I am currently studying German and Japanese, hopefully by the end of the masters I will add French to this list.
I am currently working in a Intership and Hopefully I will have at least 2 years of work experience before going to Japan.

I will graduate in International relations and I will look for master programs related to Public affairs or Accounting
by Sakusai (guest)  

Re: Finding work in Japan after masters 2014/10/20 22:08
The MEXT scholarship at the Masters level is for research students. Without a strong research plan, you have no chance of obtaining it.

http://www.mext.go.jp/a_menu/koutou/ryugaku/boshu/1346643.htm
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Finding work in Japan after masters 2014/10/21 08:15
One in five international candidates only get a successful job(full time work visa approved) in Japan.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Finding work in Japan after masters 2014/10/21 09:22
I wonder about Tokyo Friend's figures - where did you get them from?

Recent news (e.g. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/25/world/asia/japanese-companies-seek-i... ) sounds pretty hopeful, provided the applicant can work in Japanese.

If you've got a good degree from a good (preferably Japanese) university, and the ability to work in Japanese, I think you have a good chance. I know a lot of students from the university where I work get jobs after graduation with few apparent problems.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

reply to this thread