Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Less than 2 hours to transfer in Narita 2014/10/20 05:13
Hello dear Forum.
I'll be landing with Austrian Airlines from Vienna next December 24th at 8:15 in the morning.

Now, I'd like to book a trip with ANA to Fukuoka on same day, the thing is that this flight is scheduled to take off at 10:10.

Both airlines seem to be at the same Terminal (1) at Narita, however, since they'll be independent flights, I wonder if such a short transfer time will suffice (migration, luggage, etc).

Do you guys think that it's enough time? Has anyone had any similar experience?

Cheers!
by neidisch  

Re: Less than 2 hours to transfer in Narita 2014/10/20 10:57

Do you guys think that it's enough time? Has anyone had any similar experience?

I had a similar situation with a flight reservation of 2 hours transfer time between arrival international and transfer domestic ; the airline company changed it to 3 hours.
I was advised that 2 hours would be acceptable for domestic to domestic transfer within a same airport, but not for international to domestic, even in a same terminal.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Less than 2 hours to transfer in Narita 2014/10/20 12:42
I think 90 mins is probably the minimum amount of time needed to clear customs, get luggage, check-in again.

I am sure you can do it in 30 mins if all the stars are aligned in your favor and hopefully nothing does go wrong; like a flight delay or lost baggage or a long line at immigration.
by B-art (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Less than 2 hours to transfer in Narita 2014/10/21 17:51
Thanks a lot!

less than 2 hours for transferring may be stressful, I guess ANA suggests 75 minutes at least. However, since my tickets would be independent, I don't know how they would react if, let's say, Austrian flight comes delayed or whatever.

To be honest, using the ANA discount fare, I would pay slightly more than 20000 Yen for a roundtrip to Fukuoka, which makes me think that perhaps I'd purchase a Rail Pass; if so, I'd spent hours traveling, but I'll get freedom. This is another topic though :-) Thanks again!
by neidisch rate this post as useful

Re: Less than 2 hours to transfer in Narita 2014/10/21 19:22
Buying a JR Pass only for this would be more expensive than flying with ANA. I think the travel time between Narita and Fukuoka should be around 8!! hours, but you should check hyperdia.com for the exact timetables.
But if you like traveling with Shinkansen and would like to see Mt.Fuji from one you should go for it :)
by Csabba rate this post as useful

Re: Less than 2 hours to transfer in Narita 2014/10/22 09:04
Probably OK, especially out of the same terminal. The real question is who or what booked this for you. If you really want to know for sure, contact ANA directly - or your travel agent if you booked it with a live human.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread