Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takayama-Hokuriku area tourist pass 2014/10/21 13:19
Takayama-Hokuriku area tourist pass:
travel between kyoto and osaka, I can use only JR Tokaido Line or I can use other JR line too.
by nuch (guest)  

Re: Takayama-Hokuriku area tourist pass 2014/10/21 14:16
You can only travelfrom Nagoya to Takayama by JR connect on approved buses to Kanazawa, than between Kanazawa to Osaka by JR and vice versa. If you look at the promotional map, it restricts you to travel via a particular route and is not a pass that covers a particular region. Thus I figure that you cannot deviate from the route without having to pay additional.
by CS Tan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama-Hokuriku area tourist pass 2014/10/21 16:00
thank you very much for your useful reply.
Can I use "LTD. EXP THUNDERBIRD" for this pass?
by nuch (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama-Hokuriku area tourist pass 2014/10/21 23:21
i don't think so.
That pass validity is
Unlimited use of JR limited express and local trains between Nagoya and Takayama.
Unlimited use of JR limited express and local trains between Osaka and Kanazawa.
Unlimited use of buses between Takayama and Kanazawa.
Unlimited use of the Sarubobo buses in Takayama.
So travel between osaka-kyoto shoku be allowed for free.
by Nok (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama-Hokuriku area tourist pass 2014/10/22 00:55
I have a brochure from JTB Saloon. It says JR Tokaido Line , Kosei Line , Hokuriku Line , Takayama Line. Thus when travelling between permitted cities, the train is likely to travel along these lines. Hyperdia shows Ltd Express Thunderbird runs between Kanazawa and Osaka, my guess would be that you will be allowed to travel on this train, between Kanazawa and Tsuruga and Kyoto and Osaka, these are mentioned in the brochure, but I would not recommend that you get off at other cities along the way unless it is mentioned or shown on the train pass. It also says that pass exchange is only possible at the stations on which the Tokaido Sanyo Shinkansen runs, thus these stations would be Shin Osaka, Kyoto, Nagoya since this is where we would begin our journey with this pass.
by CS Tan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama-Hokuriku area tourist pass 2014/11/15 17:49
I have already used this pass, so I wanna confirm that we can travel between osaka-kyoto free with this pass
by Nok (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread