Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nagatoro Gorge and Komatsuzawa leisure farm 2014/10/22 17:09
Hi,

I'm going to Komatsuzawa leisure farm on Mid November but also Want to try the river boat ride at Nagatoro.

How to go to Nagatoro by bus or train from Komatsuzawa leisure farm?

by nazmira (guest)  

Re: Nagatoro Gorge and Komatsuzawa leisure farm 2014/10/23 04:34
The farm has a shuttle bus to Yokoze Station on the Seibu-Ikebukuro Line. You might have used it to get to the farm. There you can catch a train for SeibuChichibu Station and walk about 10 minutes to the north to the Ohanabatake Station on the Chichibu Line. Kami-Nagatoro is 5 stops north where the Kudari begins, and Nagatoro is 6 stops north where there used to be a great garden rock shop with huge boulders for sale. It should take you 45 minutes to an hour depending on connections.

There's a kayak club here where I used to run gates and found that all the Japanese in this area used left-hand control paddles. I rolled a few times until I made the adjustment.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nagatoro Gorge and Komatsuzawa leisure farm 2014/10/23 14:21
Thank you Anaguma.

I will be from Shinjuku. Will it be enough time to spend a day at both places?
by Nazmira (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nagatoro Gorge and Komatsuzawa leisure farm 2014/11/7 09:03
The travel time to get there is about 90 to 120 minutes from Shinjuku. There are several routes depending on which place you go to first. The river run takes about an hour to do the whole thing but there are 2 sections of 30 minutes each if you only want to do one or have less time. I'm not sure what you do at the farm or how long it takes, but you should get boat schedules and train schedules planned out if you want to do both in 1 day. The river boats stop at the end of November, also.
Arakawa Rhine Kudari:
http://www.funakudari.co.jp/
http://www.arakawa-line.co.jp/tokuten/index.htm
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread