Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass and Japan Itinerary Question 2014/10/23 15:02
Hello!

I'll be going in Japan for 10 days next month and will be going to Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka. I've read that getting a 7-Day JR Pass is very cost efficient but I'm not very sure if it will be cheaper if I were to purchase my rail tickets separately.

Here's my itinerary:

10 Nov; Reach Tokyo Narita Airprot
11 Nov: Tour Tokyo
12 Nov: Tour Tokyo
13 Nov: Either a one-day trip to Takayama or to Mt Fuji Lake Kawaguchiko
14 Nov: One-day trip to Kamakura
15 Nov: One-day trip to NIkko
16 Nov: Travel from Tokyo to Osaka and tour Osaka
17 Nov: One-day trip to Nara from Osaka
18 Nov: One-day trip to Kyoto from Osaka
19 Nov: One-day trip to Kyoto from Osaka
20 Nov: Depart from Osaka Kansai Airport

I've read that I can get the Puratto Kodama tickets but will it be sold out easily?

Thank you and any advice will be appreciated!
by Ah Dibuao (guest)  

Re: JR Pass and Japan Itinerary Question 2014/10/23 23:35
I'm not very sure what a 7 day railpass costs exactly, but i want to bet it will be much cheaper than buying those tickets seperately. You can check the costs on www.hyperdia.com.
by wybe rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass and Japan Itinerary Question 2014/10/23 23:44
Generally, for a 7 days JR pass a Tokyo-Kyoto/Osaka pays off. You aren't going to return to Tokyo, so buy separate tickets.
by asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass and Japan Itinerary Question 2014/10/23 23:45
I forget a word, derp. Tokyo-Osaka/Kyoto roundtrip

Re: JR Pass and Japan Itinerary Question 2014/10/23 23:52
Sorry for the multiple posts... are you sure, Takayama? You know a one-way trip will be about 4.5 hours? Just for a daytrip?

I mean, if you wanna do that, be my guest and purchase the JR pass it would totally pay off, but time-wise? No bueno

Re: JR Pass and Japan Itinerary Question 2014/10/24 00:14
Hello,

Thanks very much for the advice. I guess I'll drop Takayama. By the way, are prices in Hyperdia accurate? It seemed to be lower than what I expected. Are there any other charges I need to take note of when taking the shinkansen or other express trains in Japan?

by Ah Dibuao (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread