Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

10 Days in Japan during New Year period 2014/10/23 16:08
Hi!
Would like to get some advise for my upcoming Japan trip. Have lots of questions and hesitations as it is my first trip to Japan so do bear with me.

Day 1 27Dec: Arrive Tokyo (Staying Shibuya area) Will take the Limousine Bus from Airport. Explore Shibuya Area.

Day 2 28Dec: Tsukiji Market, Ghibli museum, Ginza/Harajuku/Shinjunku

Day 3 29Dec: Stay in Tokyo or to Osaka. Do you think I should head over to Osaka since I would like to go Kyoto for 1 night?

Day 4 30Dec: Checkout and head to Kyoto. Travel using Shinkansen.
Arashiyama Bamboo groves
Fushimi Inari Shrine
Nishiki Market
Higashiyama District
Gion

Day 5 31Dec: Leave Kyoto early morning and head to Hakuba. Can I check what is the fastest yet cheaper way to travel to Hakuba?

Day 6 1Jan: 2nd day at Hakuba for snowboarding. Any recommendations on ski location for beginners?

Day 7 2Jan: Checkout and head back to Tokyo. What are the ways to travel back to Shibuya from Hakuba?

Day 8 3Jan: DisneySea/DisneyLand

Day 9 4Jan: Ginza/Harajuku/Shibuya/Shinjunku

Day 10 5Jan: Depart Tokyo
by Char (guest)  

Re: 10 Days in Japan during New Year period 2014/10/23 18:29
The Ghibli museum is closed from 28th of December to 2nd of January.

Stay at Kyoto, no need to change hotels.

Have you looked at Japan Guide's information about Hakuba:

From Nagoya/Kyoto/Osaka

Take the JR Shinano limited express train from Nagoya to Matsumoto and transfer to a train along the Oito Line to Hakuba. The one way journey takes about 3.5 hours and costs around 7000 yen. It is fully covered by the Japan Rail Pass.

You do realize that travel is especially intense between December 29 to December 31, the days you wanna travel intercity.
by asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10 Days in Japan during New Year period 2014/10/25 09:49
Almost ski park has beginner course.
I have been learned skowboard at Hakuba 47.
BUt I think you can choose convinient place from Hakuba ski list.
http://skisnowboardjapan.jimdo.com/ski-snow-board/
http://www.hakuba47.co.jp/winter/en/
by Hajimekun (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread