Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2-day return trip Tokyo to Kyoto 2014/10/24 04:38
I am considering a 2-day return trip from Tokyo to Kyoto and have come across this website: http://www.japanican.com/en/special/tours/shinkansen/index.aspx
Does anyone have any experience with these trips that they would like to share?
Thanks
by Patrick Doherty (guest)  

Re: 2-day return trip Tokyo to Kyoto 2014/10/24 12:07
I don't have any experience with this package but seems like a good deal. However, 2 days is rather short since you lose big portion of your time on 2-way traveling. If your time allows, you might want to make it 3 days. There are just too much to see in Kyoto, and it is bigger than it appears on the map. You will miss many good important sites with this 2-day package. Couple years ago I spent 3 nights/4 days in Kyoto (I traveled solo and am a very fast mover). It wasn't enough.
by Sitti01 rate this post as useful

Re: 2-day return trip Tokyo to Kyoto 2014/10/24 12:38
This, "you spend too much time traveling" is getting old. Yes, I've done that trip before, but if you take the first train out, you get there about 8:00am, just about when most places start to open. And if you leave on the last train out,you'll leave almost at 9:00pm, way past the closing time of all the "attractions" for the exception of food/entertainment places. That leaves you two full days.

Granted that two days may not be enough for some, it may be enough to get a good feeling for the city. At a fast pace, you can do a lot in two days.

This "travel time" can be done at a time when sites are closed or too dark to actually see.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: 2-day return trip Tokyo to Kyoto 2014/10/24 15:09
Please check the train schedule of this package before commenting.
by Sitti01 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread