Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Does my itinerary works? 2014/10/24 18:59
Hi there

I'm planning my year end trip and was wondering if this itinerary works. As this is my first time visiting Gifu area so I need help to see if my planned itinerary if it's workable, thanks!

1 Day
Travel from Tokyo to Takayama using via JR - morning train (7am)

Once reached Takayama will head to Shiragawa-go and stay over for a night

2 days
Travel from Shiragawa-go to Takayama city and planned to stay for 2 nights (would it be too long?)

2 days
Travel from Takayama to Gero as I wanted to try Japanese Onsen (heard Gero has one of the best hot spring in Japan, is that true?)

3 days
Kyoto (any recommendations?)

2 days
Osaka (any recommendations?)
by StarRchoW  

Re: Does my itinerary works? 2014/10/25 14:04
1 Day
Travel from Tokyo to Takayama using via JR - morning train (7am)

Once reached Takayama will head to Shiragawa-go and stay over for a night

When will you travel? Note that from March 14, 2015, access from Tokyo to Shirakawago will become faster when traveling via Kanazawa or Shin-Takaoka.

Travel from Shiragawa-go to Takayama city and planned to stay for 2 nights (would it be too long?)

It depends on the person. If you like a slow pace of travel, it will not be too long.

Travel from Takayama to Gero as I wanted to try Japanese Onsen (heard Gero has one of the best hot spring in Japan, is that true?)

It is historically ranked as one of the best, but many foreign tourists will find the town less appealing than other onsen. For a more rural experience, I recommend Okuhida (http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5940.html), but Gero is also good.

Kyoto (any recommendations?)

The sights with three and two red dots:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2158.html

Osaka (any recommendations?)

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2157.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Does my itinerary works? 2014/10/30 17:52
Thanks for the infomation.
I'll be travelling in end of Dec this year.
Do you know how can I get to Okuhida from Takayama..I was also exploring this place in replace of Gero.
by StarRchoW rate this post as useful

Re: Does my itinerary works? 2014/11/10 19:30
Hi Uji

My trip will be end of this year around Christmas period.

And I've change my plan to visit Okuhida instead of Gero.
by StarRchoW rate this post as useful

Re: Does my itinerary works? 2014/11/10 20:55
Buses go from Takayama to the Okuhida area.
by Winter Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Does my itinerary works? 2014/11/10 21:02
You'll have a bit of a cold time haha! I spent two days around Takayama, one at Shirakawago and the other around Takayama in Old Town. I tend to not pause much when I am travelling, but I felt this was enough time for me to see what I wanted. If I was you, I would consider doing another side trip on your third day. Enjoy it, I loved Takayama!
by Laura (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread