Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Renting car on holiday good idea? 2014/10/26 06:56
With just 3weeks left till I arrive in Japan, I'm now considering renting a car for a day. Specifically Nov 24 at Kawaguchi area. This day is a holiday in Japan. Do you think this is a good idea or maybe not? Parking issues? Just seems like I can do a bit more attractions in the area without waiting for bus.

Thanks for you time.
by Koohii2wii (guest)  

Re: Renting car on holiday good idea? 2014/10/26 10:47
The Fujigoko area is indeed convenient if you have a car. Parking can be an issue, though. It depends on the sites you wish to visit. Many sites have large enough parking lots, but some don't.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Renting car on holiday good idea? 2014/10/26 12:03
Thanks Uji

Sites that we want to visit:
-Fuji Subaru Line 5th Station
-Lake Yamanakako
-Chureito Pagoda
-Kachi Kachi Ropeway
-Fuji Kawaguchiko Autumn Leaves Festival (Maple Walkway)

I'm thinking the Festival might have issue with parking but do you think 5th Station parking would be issue?
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Renting car on holiday good idea? 2014/10/26 14:09
-Fuji Subaru Line 5th Station

Parking is no problem, but the autumn colors will be over (you may be able to see snow, instead).

-Lake Yamanakako

The peak of the season is likely to be over. Therefore, I don't think that parking will be a big issue.

-Chureito Pagoda

Should be no problem, at least at the base of the shrine. The colors will likely to be over, though.

-Kachi Kachi Ropeway

They have lots of parking, but on busy days the lots may fill up.

-Fuji Kawaguchiko Autumn Leaves Festival (Maple Walkway)

A temporary parking lot is available, but I am not sure how large it is.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Renting car on holiday good idea? 2014/10/26 14:58
Since it is a holiday, you might want to consider booking the car ahead of time online. Try Tocoo car rental. I've found them to be the cheapest - they sort of collect all the offers by car rental companies, and offer you the best price. I got a 50% discount on my car rental through them!
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread