Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

View of Mount Fuji and Train Passes question 2014/10/26 13:16
I will be traveling to Tokyo in January and planning to have a good view of Mount Fuji on one of the day. I have heard from some of my friends that there might be some road blockage due to poor weather condition. Is there a location where I can have a good view of it? I have read some articles about Hakone about seeing Mount Fuji. Is there any specific location to see from Hakone?

Another question is about the train passes. I come to realize that there are 2 types of passes, the Suica and Pasmo card. I just need to confirm that both cards can be used for access to the subway and JR rail lines? Both cards can also be bought from Narita airport?

Is it advisable to get Limousine Bus & Subway Pass (Narita Airport) 3 day pass? I will be there for 6 days, can i request for up to 6 days?

tokyometro.jp/en/…index.html

Can they speak English at the service counters?
by kaikaii88  

Re: View of Mount Fuji and Train Passes question 2014/10/26 14:19
General information:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6933.html

I have heard from some of my friends that there might be some road blockage due to poor weather condition.

Maybe they refer to the road to the 5th Station that gets closed when there is a lot of snow. But you don't want to ascend the mountain in order to view it! You better view it from its base.

Is there a location where I can have a good view of it?

I recommend the Fuji Five Lake area, especially Lake Kawaguchiko. It comes with the highest probability of good visibility:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6900.html

I have read some articles about Hakone about seeing Mount Fuji.

Hakone is far away from Mount Fuji. Due to visibility issues, the mountain cannot be seen from Hakone most of the time.

Is there any specific location to see from Hakone?

There are many. The most popular is from Moto-Hakone.

I come to realize that there are 2 types of passes, the Suica and Pasmo card.

That are just two IC cards available in the Tokyo region. There are dozens of other tickets and passes.

I just need to confirm that both cards can be used for access to the subway and JR rail lines?

Yes, they can.

Both cards can also be bought from Narita airport?

Yes.

Is it advisable to get Limousine Bus & Subway Pass (Narita Airport) 3 day pass?

Only if you stay at a hotel that is directly served by an airport bus and you will be using subways a lot. Note that the subway passes are not valid on the very useful JR trains.

I will be there for 6 days, can i request for up to 6 days?

You could buy a second 3-day pass separately.

Can they speak English at the service counters?

At the airport: yes
At major tourist information desks: yes
Everywhere else: possibly not
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: View of Mount Fuji and Train Passes question 2014/10/26 14:50
Thanks! I guess I will take a Mount Fuji risk at Hakone instead. If I cant have a good view at least I can have a good time at Hakone.

5 Fuji lake may seems like a bad choice if I can't see Mount Fuji at all.
by kaikaii88 rate this post as useful

Re: View of Mount Fuji and Train Passes question 2014/10/26 19:26
If you are doing the Hakone loop on Hakone Free Pass, the best locations to see Mt. Fuji, if clear are Owakudani rope way station & from the gondora going down to Togendai(not up as the cables in the way) and Onshi Park hill top between Moto-Hakone & Hakone-machi port.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread