Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2-week itinerary advice 2014/10/31 01:29
Hello everyone, We are Luke and Kellie.

I wonder if you could let us know what you think about our plan for our trip to Japan in March 2015. It's still mostly unbooked so we would welcome your thoughts.

Thu 26 Mar - Arrive Tokyo midday
Fri 27 Mar - Tokyo
Sat 28 Mar - Tokyo
Sun 29 Mar - Tokyo
Mon 30 Mar - Leave Tokyo in morning, travel to Shibu Onsen, stay at Kanaguya
Tue 31 Mar - Leave Shibu Onsen late afternoon travel to Kyoto
Wed 01 Apr - Kyoto
Thu 02 Apr - Kyoto
Fri 03 Apr - Kyoto
Sat 04 Apr - Leave Kyoto early, travel to Hiroshima for peace park, travel to Miyajima and stay
Sun 05 Apr - Leave Miyajima in late afternoon travel to Hakone (this is where we become unsure)
Mon 06 Apr - Hakone
Tue 07 Apr - Hakone/Tokyo (or possible less time in Hakone and more in Tokyo)
Wed 08 Apr - Tokyo
Thu 09 Apr - Leave Tokyo in the morning

We have tried to avoid spending too much time traveling, also bringing the JR pass to 7 days instead of 14 (maybe then we can do green car!). Sadly we have cut Takayama from the trip as we thought it might just be too much, but if you think it is possible we could always add it back in.

We have spent extra days in Tokyo and Kyoto to allow for trips to Nikko, Nara and other beautiful spots.

We love cycling so hope to fit that in and also, Luke loves Bonzai so we hope to visit gardens. We are very hopeful that we will see some cherry blossom as it is very special to us (if we do see it we will be blessed)

As you can tell we are very excited but want to try and get this right, so welcome your thoughts.

Thank you
Kellie and Luke
by Kellie and Luke (guest)  

Re: 2-week itinerary advice 2014/10/31 12:20
Yea, your 05 April is a bit worrying. Are you staying in Ryokan in Hakone ? Or just normal Hotel?

Will be very worrying if it is ryokan as you will definitely miss the ryokan meal time.

Even without that, how late is your afternoon departure.. If you take the train at 15:34 from Miyajimaguchi, you are probablly looking at arrival at Hakone-Yumoto at 21:05...

by vinces7 rate this post as useful

Re: 2-week itinerary advice 2014/10/31 17:41
Thank you for your input. I hadn't thought about the length of travel and trouble with arriving late...I think I've been a bit overwhelmed by all the decisions. Maybe it would be worth splitting the time in Kyoto, ie 2 days Kyoto, then Hiroshima/miyajima, then back to Kyoto, then hakone?

It's so hard trying to choose between all the Amazing places and how to get the balance right. I'm a bit lost.
by Kellie and Luke (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread