Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Recommended itineraries 2014/10/31 03:15
hi!
im a 24 single male from Israel im going to be in japan from Feb-May.

im a little low in budget but will be willing to pay for a good experience like rykon for example.
im very interested in Japanese culture and like the nature, nightlife and getting to know new people.

if you have a recommended itinerary for me ill be happy to get it. and please share some personal experience from your trip. ( i don't necessarily have to see all the temples
by yonatanwerner  

Re: Recommended itineraries 2014/11/1 14:01
You have 3 months which seem to be enough to travel all around Japan. I will recommend places to visit for each month.

February: It is cold except for Okinawa. Japan has mountain range throughout the country and the west side of the mountains is snowy, especially in northern part of Japan, such as Hokkaido, Tohoku and Chubu. On the other hand east side is sunny, in general. You can enjoy snow or sunny weather. In north east coast of Hokkaido, you can see drifting ice.

Recommended places: Snow resorts in Hokkaido, Tohoku, Nagano and Niigata. North east coast of Hokkaido. Tokyo and Kanto area.

March: It is still cold in most of Japan, but the southern-most part of the main islands may have some flowers etc. Tokyo and Kanto area's weather tend to be worse.

Recommended places: South Kyushu and South Shikoku. Okinawa.

April: Cherry blossom's season. Weather is nice except for Hokkaido where spring has yet to come, but snow becomes melting.

Recommended places: 1st to 10th, Kyoto and Kansai area (best for cherry blossoms). After that, the peak for the cherry blossoms goes up north. Note that 1st to 10 th in Kyoto is extremely crowded and you might better book the accommodation early. From the end of April to the beginning of May is one of the busiest holidays (the Golden week).

May: Good season for tourism. Spring has come to Hokkaido. You can swim in Okinawa.

Accommodations

Since you are young and solo with budget, your first choice will be hostels. You can see many reviews on Tripadvisor or on Hostelworld.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Recommended itineraries 2014/11/2 17:45
its sounds like i should start my trup in april.
by yonatanwerner rate this post as useful

reply to this thread