Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Problems with booking at toyoko-inn.com 2014/10/31 05:13
Hello together,

in the end of November I will stay for a couple of days in Tokyo. For accommodation I've chosen a branch of the Toyoko-Inn chain due to superb experiences on a trip to Korea last year, where Toyoko-Inn also operates some hotels.

I've placed a reservaton on their website and after my reservation was done with success I got an e-mail, where my reservation was finally confirmed. However the confirmation advised me to confirm my reservation once more in my Toyoko-Inn customer account, but after loging in, no reservation was monitored ('Result of search is 0!

As I didn't find out any e-mail adress of my chosen hotel I sent a fax to the Toyoko-Inn branch in English, but till now they didn't reply.

Does anybody have similar experiences and know, what to do? I don't want to arrive at the hotel and nobody knows anything about my reservation.

Thanks in advance for any assistance and help.

Kind regards
Silberstein
by Silberstein (guest)  

Re: Problems with booking at toyoko-inn.com 2014/10/31 12:25

I got an e-mail, where my reservation was finally confirmed

Which Toyoko inn?
Check the confirmation email you received carefully, the Toyoko inn's email address is usually there.
by lostintranslation (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Problems with booking at toyoko-inn.com 2014/11/1 15:42
Hello,

I've used Toyoko-inn business hotel chain a lot in the past, and they were very good and easy to book.

If the email was a confirmation email, it would have also confirmed before that online and you would have got a seven digit confirmation code online, and the same again by email. Near the bottom of the email there is a unique link under gModify and Cancelh to your booking. If you click it, it will take you to your reservation.

If you didnft reserve it with a credit card, then it wonft be confirmed properly, so that might be the issue.

Log in to your account (make sure you log on in the correct area, as either a non-member or a member) and book it again if you think it didnft go through, or there is no link to your booking in the email they sent, as you donft pay until you stay at the hotel.

If they have two bookings, they will realise the mistake and only charge you for one. Make sure you check all your details are correct for the room type and its availability on the dates you want and keep a note of the booking number.

I hope this helps.
by Isogu rate this post as useful

Re: Problems with booking at toyoko-inn.com 2014/11/2 02:43
Hello back,

thanks for your help so far.

For me it's also not the first time staying in a Toyoko Inn and till now, everything went well.

Actually I've made a proper booking including stating my credit card details and also I've received an e-mail, where the seven digit-booking code is mentioned. On the other hand when I log in to my already existing Toyoko Inn-account - on which I've placed my actual reservation - the already made reservation is not registered and that's the exact problem, because I'm not able to realize, if they've registered my reservation for sure. I don't want to arrive at the hotel and they won't know anything about my reservation.

At the moment I'm trying to contact the hotel, but this might be a difficult procedure at all. Why? In the confirmation e-mail, they advise not to use the shown e-mail address, because they won't answer on e-mails. For any questions you should phone or fax. Till now I've sent two faxes (even one in japanese by using an online translation app) directly to the hotel, but still didn't get any reply. I hope, this would finally work, they make everything well and my reservation is visible in my Toyoko Inn-account.

If anybody could help me any further, I would glady appreciate this. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Silberstein

by Silberstein (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Problems with booking at toyoko-inn.com 2014/11/2 05:34
I have not run into this problem but perhaps you somehow made this reservation as a Guest not a Member...what happens if you just check your reservation as a Guest...does it show up then?

If so, just show your membership card when you check in so you get the credit for it....at least that is what I would do....
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Re: Problems with booking at toyoko-inn.com 2014/11/2 06:47
I've never thought of looking to see if my reservations were confirmed. The last two trips included Toyoko Inns-actually 10-12 of them and not once did I run into any problems. If I received a confirmation number, that was enough for me.

But just to be certain, I will look at my upcoming trip, as I have reserved room in no less than 16 different locations. I will let you know if I have any issues once I've researched my own bookings.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Problems with booking at toyoko-inn.com 2014/11/2 06:51
So I checked and they're all there. Are you sure you're signing in on the right column in the member page, the one that shows the photo of the membership card? If so, are you sure you're using capital letters for both your given and last name? I've heard that was an issue to some people in the past.

Re: Problems with booking at toyoko-inn.com 2014/11/2 08:03
Interesting, John B Digs Japan...I have always signed in on the left side....with my name, birth date and phone number....I just tried the right side using my member number - had to find my membership card....lol....and got the same info....
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Re: Problems with booking at toyoko-inn.com 2014/11/2 09:00

I didn't find out any e-mail address of my chosen hotel

Which Toyoko inn ? I might have the email address you can use.

Re: Problems with booking at toyoko-inn.com 2014/11/2 09:26

I'm not able to realize, if they've registered my reservation for sure.

Another way to confirm your reservation is by making another reservation ( same name and same date, any Toyoko inn ). If you have a reservation already for that particular date, the system will automatically notify you of the existing reservation and halts the process until you add "additional information".
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Problems with booking at toyoko-inn.com 2014/11/2 09:46
Did you use all caps on both your names? If so, then I don't know what could be amiss.

Re: Problems with booking at toyoko-inn.com 2014/11/2 10:00

Did you use all caps on both your names?

As far as I know, Toyoko inn website is not case sensitive (except for password ?). I could be wrong.

Re: Problems with booking at toyoko-inn.com 2014/11/3 05:19
Hello all together!

First of all THANKS A LOT for your help.

I don't know how, but they made it! Even without any reply on my messages by fax they fixed my reservation in that way, that I can see it now in my account. They've assigned it to my former phone number, which I didn't mention at my reservation, but honestly 'Who cares?'. In the end I try to fix this by refreshing my personal datas on their website.

By the way, I've also tried to log in with my old phone number before, but it didn't work.

Anyway, now I can travel to Tokyo without beeing scared, not to have a bed for the cold nights in November and December ... ;-)

Once more thanks a lot and have fun on your trips to Japan in the (near) future.

Best regards
Silberstein

by Silberstein (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread