Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

luggage in the Shinkansen train? 2014/11/1 16:57
Hello..
We are family of 7 members& we are going to travel to Japan soon. We want to travel from Osaka to Tokyo using the Bullet train.. We have big luggage & we can't get inside the train! Is there a place for them?
by Areej (guest)  

Re: luggage in the Shinkansen train? 2014/11/2 09:09
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: luggage in the Shinkansen train? 2014/11/2 10:42
You might want to have a look at this thread as well:

http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+118488

In short: try not to bring big luggage if possible, but if it can't be avoided, there are ways to make it work.

Cheers.
by Diego de Manila rate this post as useful

Re: luggage in the Shinkansen train? 2014/11/3 19:51
Thanks a lot. It was a quite useful.
by Areej (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: luggage in the Shinkansen train? 2014/11/3 21:14
I live in Tokyo, and when I visit Osaka I often send my luggage back by takkyubin - it's much easier than lugging it around, and it's quite reasonably priced. I'd recommend looking into that option.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: luggage in the Shinkansen train? 2014/11/5 03:07
How can I USE takkyubin?
by Areej (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: luggage in the Shinkansen train? 2014/11/5 05:06
by tedrabjg rate this post as useful

Re: luggage in the Shinkansen train? 2014/11/5 11:10
We used the takkyubin service a number of times during our recent trip. The staff at the hotel where you are staying will help you fill out the form (needs to be in Japanese). It will then be sent the following day onto your next hotel. Check first whether they are happy to accept your lugguge, particularly as there will be 7 of them! Otherwise you could take some smaller bags and larger bags and send the larger bags through takkyubin only.
by Danielle (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread