Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nikko in December 2014/11/4 14:45
I plan to visit Nikki around Dec.27-29 I'm not sure the date but plan to spend the whole day there I know it's a big place I want to see Shrins and Temples.
- What do I have to prepare in advance before departure from my country.?

- Can I use JR rail pass from Osaka.? I plan to stay at Osaka

any recommendation would be appreciated..

Thanks,
Nittaya
by nittaya (guest)  

Re: Nikko in December 2014/11/4 23:57
By JR, take the Shinkansen to Tokyo and change to the Tohoku Shinkansen for one stop to Utsunomiya. Change to the local there for Nikko. Since the whole trip will take you over 4 1/2 hours travel time with connections, you should leave early. (Put SHIN-OSAKA and NIKKO in http://www.hyperdia.com to see your choices). Half a day would give you enough time to see the shrines. The old JR station is at the bottom of town and to save a long walk and save time, you might want to take a taxi up to the "Sacred Bridge" (Shinkyo) from where you cross the road and start up the steps to the shrine and temples.

In December it can be cold, but there's usually not much snow. To enjoy it more, I would stay overnight instead of returning to Osaka. When I'm on my own I like to stay at the Turtle Inn Nikko. One of the rooms on the end overlooks the river making for a relaxing stay.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread