Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kawaguchiko to Hakone 2014/11/4 17:47
Intending to follow this plan from Kawaguchiko to Hakone. Please help!

10:10 – Take Fujikyu bus @ Kawaguchiko to Gotemba stn

***QUESTION: Do i need to reserve a seat for the Fujikyu bus at Kawaguchiko station to Gotemba?

11.20 – Reach Gotemba
Take Odakyu Highway bus – Gotemba to Togendai
• Depart timing: 1140, 1210
Reach Togendai
• Reach 12.13, 12.43

*** QUESTION: Where do I board the Odakyu Highway bus to Togendai? Is it the same place? Is 15minutes transition time enough for me to get to the bus?

Lake Cruise Togendai - Motohakone
• Depart 13:20 Togendai (bound for moto-hakone)
• Depart 15:40 Moto-Hakone

***QUESTION: I intend to depart Moto Hakone after visiting the shrine and take a bus to my ryokan at Gora station.I checked the Hakone Tozan Bus and apparently BUS Y takes me to Gora station before sun sets at 16:30. Or will I have to take bus H to Kowakien and transfer to Gora? If so, what bus do I take and where can I get the timetable?

Thank you so much!
by Jasmine (guest)  

Re: Kawaguchiko to Hakone 2014/11/5 11:37
Do i need to reserve a seat for the Fujikyu bus at Kawaguchiko station to Gotemba?

No, seat reservations are not possible on that bus.

Where do I board the Odakyu Highway bus to Togendai?

The bus from KAwaguchiko arrives at the Mt. Fuji side of Gotemba Station. The Odakyu bus departs from a bus stop on the opposite side of the station, the Hakone-Otome side.

Is it the same place? Is 15minutes transition time enough for me to get to the bus?

Yes, the walk from bus stop to bus stop through Gotemba Station should not take more than 3 minutes.

apparently BUS Y takes me to Gora station before sun sets at 16:30.

Bus line Y is very infrequent. There are no buses, at all, on weekdays, but yes, on weekends there are four departures, including one at 16:58 from Moto-Hakoneko bu stop or 16:59 from Moto-Hakone bus stop:
http://www.hakone-tozanbus.co.jp/pdf/10152-002001.pdf

Or will I have to take bus H to Kowakien and transfer to Gora?

You have far more connections that way. Every 20 minutes on weekdays and every 15 minutes on weekends.

If so, what bus do I take and where can I get the timetable?

The link above shows departures from Moto-Hakoneko. The ride to Kowakien takes about 15 minutes. And below are departures from Kowakien:
http://www.hakone-tozanbus.co.jp/pdf/10137-003001.pdf

The bus ride to Gora takes about 5 minutes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread