Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ainokura or Ogimachi? 2014/11/5 18:53
I am going to spend one night in this rural area in April. I will be driving a private car.
The night before I will be in Takayama. In the morning I will then drive to Ogimachi.

I have two options:

A) Stay and sleep in Ogimachi and potentially visit Ainokura the day after on the way to Kanazawa.

B) Visit Ogimachi in the afternoon but drive to Ainokura in time for dinner and spend the night there.

I have read Ainokura is more authentic, but Ogimachi has better views. Is it worth seeing them both? Where would you rather sleep?

Stefano
by Pistakkio  

Re: Ainokura or Ogimachi? 2014/11/6 04:38
Both options are feasible but I am leaning towards staying in Ogimachi/Shirakawago as you will have more time for the drive to Ainokura/Kanazawa the next day. Before Ainokura also worth stopping by are Gokayama Gassho no Sato, Suganuma and Kaminashi. Besides, staying overnight in Ogimachi/Shirakawago will let you enjoy the village more after the loads of daytime visitors have gone. The only minor concern is that some lodgings maybe slightly more expensive than those in Ainokura.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Ainokura or Ogimachi? 2014/11/6 18:51
Thanks William.
This is a good point: it could be a bit too rushed to get to Ainokura on the first day.
by Pistakkio rate this post as useful

reply to this thread