Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Good pass for World Heritage Sites in Nikko? 2014/11/22 13:46
Hi,
I am planning to visit shrines and temples in Nikko in December.
I am intersted in visiting the waterfall and the Chuzenji lake also.
I will depart from Tokyo and stay one night.

I am looking for a good pass.
As I read on the tobu website, there is a Niiko all pass ticket, but the information seems to be not clear.
They write as following (quoted):

EAdmission ticket valid for two shrines and one temple (Toshogu shrineERinnoji TempleEFutarasan @ShrineETaiyu mausoleum)is NOT included.

http://www.tobu.co.jp/foreign/pass/all_pass.html

But many references, include in this forums, say there is no pass for shrines and temples admission

If you have experience or know about the current policy, please help me.
Thanks a lot .

by nhkhai  

Re: Good pass for World Heritage Sites in Nikko? 2014/11/22 16:00
I don't see your confusion. You yourself state twice that admission to the temples and shrines is not included. You are right.

The All Nikko Pass is probably a good deal for your for getting around Nikko, but admission to the shrines and temples has to be purchased separately.

There used to exist a convenient combination ticket, but it was discontinued over year ago.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Good pass for World Heritage Sites in Nikko? 2014/11/22 21:22
I checked the website.
nhkhai is right, the information given is not clear since they put the bracket in weird manner.
Hope they apply new offers for the pass.
If Uji is right, it is not worth for 4 days pass as it only extends the route to the lake and you stay only 2 days.
by Oussa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Good pass for World Heritage Sites in Nikko? 2014/11/23 08:49
it is not worth for 4 days pass as it only extends the route to the lake and you stay only 2 days.

Yes, the pass will be worth it because it is cheaper than regular tickets. Whether nhkhai stays for 1, 2, 3 or 4 days doesn't matter.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread