Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

When to see Fuji? 2014/11/23 09:08
I was wondering when during the year the chances are best to see Fuji from Tokyo. I went up in Sky Tree in June last year on a clear day but no sight.
by Guest (guest)  

Re: When to see Fuji? 2014/11/23 12:22
The winter months are best. June and the summer months are the worst:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6933.html

Here is a graph by month:
http://www11.ocn.ne.jp/~shikisai/image/fuji/best_time.htm
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: When to see Fuji? 2014/11/23 21:46
Thank you Uji-san,
I went to Shizuoka and the mountain there where they said Fuji viewing was possible. This was in around 14th October last year, which on the other hand was very warm for that time of the year.

I plan on going to Japan in either late March-early April or mid-late October-early November.

As I am not a very big fan of snow and cold weather I would prefer not to visit Japan during that time of the year (late November-early March).

Do you think the chances are possible to view Fuji still?
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: When to see Fuji? 2014/11/23 23:24
Yes, you have a chance at any time of the year.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: When to see Fuji? 2014/11/24 02:48
I was there in Feb. with gloriously clear blue skies. Despite that, I couldn't see Fuji from the SkyTree, the Tokyo Tower, the Bunkyo Civic Centre, the SkyDeck on the roof of the Mori Tower or Kamikura beach.

The position of the sun, heat hazes or my own eyesight might have played a part, but you might want to have a plan B.

Next time I'm going to get closer to it on the train to take some photos. I think the N'Ex runs from Tokyo to the Fuji area for a part of the year, but not out of season, when I'm going.
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: When to see Fuji? 2014/11/24 07:29
David,
Maybe we should visit the local shrine in the early morning to advance the chances. Well it seems best to hope for luck. Every time I went to Hakone have always been cloudy so never had any chance there so far. I should time it better...
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread