Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

cheapest colleges/universities in tokyo japan 2014/11/26 14:00
planning to study in japan next semester and I'm just wondering if you guys can recommend an inexpensive college/university. I just want to know if they have the inexpensive ones. thanks.
by Miss ghie  

Re: cheapest colleges/universities in tokyo japan 2014/11/26 18:02
Are you planning to come just for one semester? You'd need to be accepted into their program, so you can't just decide by the tuition :) If you are thinking of just one semester, you might have to look into some college-level exchange program with your university/college. If you are not proficient in the Japanese language (and you are not aiming for the ones in Japan taught in English) you'd need to take some language courses beforehand. Enjoy studying!
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: cheapest colleges/universities in tokyo japan 2014/11/28 16:55
Thanks.

I'm planning to study for 2 semesters and then after that i'm going to come back in new york to continue. I'm already on my 1st semester here.
by Miss ghie rate this post as useful

Re: cheapest colleges/universities in tokyo japan 2014/11/28 17:14
Does your current school have a partnership agreement with a Japanese university? Otherwise, it will be very difficult to attend a Japanese university for just one or two semesters, Japanese universities don't normally do that.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: cheapest colleges/universities in tokyo japan 2014/11/29 14:36
well ahm no. i'm actually planning to go to an international school in tokyo, its called Temple university.

Re: cheapest colleges/universities in tokyo japan 2014/11/29 14:44
Then why are you asking which school to attend if you have already decided?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: cheapest colleges/universities in tokyo japan 2014/11/30 00:51
just to have another option...

Re: cheapest colleges/universities in tokyo japan 2014/11/30 17:30
Are you really serious about your studies? Most people would be asking for the best, not the cheapest.
by john (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: cheapest colleges/universities in tokyo japan 2014/11/30 21:28
I think it is a valid question. There are plenty of people who prioritize the Tokyo life experience over the academic value. In that particular case the cheaper the better. I have yet to meet the first recruiter that hires based on the name or reputation of the exchange university someone went to. The location and learned life lessons are more important imo. I cannot help you in Tokyo, but in Kyoto there is a university that has a one semester Japan studies program for about 160.000 yen. A price that is hard to beat.
by Max (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: cheapest colleges/universities in tokyo japan 2014/12/1 13:36
Well I am John, I'm just trying to see if there's a cheaper than $7000 per semester. I found the temple university and I'm planning to enroll this coming next semester and they are a good school.. I'm just trying to have an option.

Re: cheapest colleges/universities in tokyo japan 2014/12/1 13:38
Wow max that is really cheap but my family and relatives are located in Tokyo. Thanks for the info tho.

reply to this thread