Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Luggage delivery from airport 2014/11/26 14:51
Hi,

I think I saw similar posts before but just to be sure, may I check with you once more?

My family is travelling to Osaka and Kyoto. We plan to go Kyoto first then Osaka. Is it possible to deliver one piece of luggage from Kansai Airport to our hotel in Osaka, even though we are not going to check in the next day. We will only be there 5 days later. Do we have to inform the hotel (in Osaka) in advance?

Thank you!
by oasis (guest)  

Re: Luggage delivery from airport 2014/11/26 16:26
Yes, you may easily organise for your luggage to be delivered.
You will need the exact name and address of your hotel, and the date you want it to be delivered.
The hotel does not need to be notified.
We have arrived at Narita, and sent 3 cases to 3 different locations, all spaced by up to 7 days, and had no trouble.
Good luck!
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage delivery from airport 2014/11/26 21:34
I've done that a few times in the past and plan to do it many more in about 120 days (yay!)

As long as you have reservations at the destination hotel, I'm sure the staff will cross-check to see if you're staying there in the upcoming days. At every hotel I go to, I see plenty of luggage with the jingly cargo net over it, so a lot of people do this; don't worry and enjoy your trip!
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage delivery from airport 2014/11/26 22:20
Thanks. Is there any max size of the luggage? I suppose 28 inch is acceptable?
Thank you.
by Oasis (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage delivery from airport 2014/11/26 22:30
Most companies measure length plus width plus height and always in centimeters. That and weight will determine which group your luggage will be place in. Once that is determined, the price will be determined accordingly. See the website provided for info:

http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/en/personal/airport/
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread