Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Recommendations on 2 weeks trip 2014/11/28 12:25
Hi there! I will be traveling in Japan from January 6 - 20th and would love to get some suggestions for some must see places. I have already booked 4 nights of hostel in Osaka, and plan to go to Nara, Kyoto, and make my way to end the trip in Tokyo. I have purchased a JR pass as well. What should I see (where should I go)to make the most out of the JR pass and my time in Japan? Thanks in advance!
by Benaldo  

Re: Recommendations on 2 weeks trip 2014/11/28 17:16
What's the length of time for your JR pass? And you're flying into Kansai and out of Tokyo?
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Recommendations on 2 weeks trip 2014/11/28 19:00
by PLSe (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Recommendations on 2 weeks trip 2014/11/29 01:56
Thank you for your links!!
I will check them out once I'm off work.

The JR pass is for two weeks, so I should be covered for the whole duration.
I am landing in haneda and will be leaving there as well. I figured I will travel west the first day and make my way east after a few days in Kyoto. Unless kobe has things that I should really check out.

Thank you again for taking your time to help me out! Much appreciated :)
by Benaldo rate this post as useful

Re: Recommendations on 2 weeks trip 2014/11/29 12:40
The JR pass is for two weeks, so I should be covered for the whole duration.
I am landing in haneda and will be leaving there as well.

To make a 2 week pass pay off, you will need to make at least one, if not 2 side trips from Osaka/Kyoto
Use www.hyperdia.com to check costs, uncheck the Nozomi..box, and think in yen: your trips will need to add up to more than the cost of the pass for it to be worth it.
Hiroshima/Miyajima; Okayama/Kurashiki;Himeji; Kanazawa; Nagoya/Takayama are all classics, and good to consider.
Good luck!
by AusTF rate this post as useful

reply to this thread