Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itami Airport access 2014/12/2 06:34
I'm planning a trip to Japan next year. I'll be arrive in KIX but leaving from Itami for connecting flight in Tokyo.

I found out that I could either take the bus or to take the train with transfers. I'm planning to stay in Umeda area. I am sure I'll be leaving Japan with 2 suitcases fully packed and total weight would be over 30kg! The bus website shows the max weight of luggage in total is 30kg. Does that mean my only solution is the forward my suitcase to Itami Airport ahead of time?

My flight is Sunday night. With people's suggestions on the forum, I should give 2 days to forward the suitcase, so does that mean I have to send it off by Friday morning?

Last time I departed from KIX and lug my 2 overweight suitcase + carryon onto the Nankai Rapid and found it convenient. Seems like I don't have that option with Itami this time.
by bear bear bear  

Re: Itami Airport access 2014/12/2 12:55
which website have ye seen?

you will just take airport limousine bus from Umeda

http://www.okkbus.co.jp/en/timetable/itm/f_osa.html
by auldreekie rate this post as useful

Re: Itami Airport access 2014/12/2 13:16
are the two suitcases under the size limit? they won't be weighing them so as long as they're within size limits you should be ok.
by ed (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itami Airport access 2014/12/2 13:18
if you could not send in advance, you will have to take Hankyu Takarazuka line from Hankyu Umeda station to Hotarugaike station then take monorail line to Osaka(itami) airport station!!

Re: Itami Airport access 2014/12/2 13:36
Umeda is a quite huge area and there are 3 bus stop/terminals so you should check out in advance :http://www.okkbus.co.jp/en/timetable/itm/f_osa.html

Re: Itami Airport access 2014/12/2 13:42
I was at this webpage: http://www.okkbus.co.jp/guide/index.html
It seems like they don't have this page in english?
トランクルームをご利用いただく場合、手荷物はお一人様2個まで、総重量30kg、総容量0.25m3、長さ2mの範囲内と定めておりますのでご了承ください。

Do the driver help to load the suitcase? Or I do that myself? I just don't want to be told last minute that one of my suitcase cannot board the bus. However sending the suitcase on Friday would be a problem as well, since I planned to go to Arima on Thurs, going back to Osaka Friday afternoon, which will probably miss the kuroneko hotel pickup time.
by bear bear bear rate this post as useful

Re: Itami Airport access 2014/12/2 14:50
Perhaps the problem could be resolved by offering to pay for an extra ticket if they do find you over the weight limit? As I understand your problem each bag in itself is not over the limit, but they are in the aggregate. So if one belongs to you and the other to your invisible friend it should be ok right?
by ed (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itami Airport access 2014/12/2 17:15
My flight is Sunday night. With people's suggestions on the forum, I should give 2 days to forward the suitcase, so does that mean I have to send it off by Friday morning?

You normally would need to send them on Friday before the cutoff time, which is generally 6 or 7pm, but can be later if you bring it directly to a large Yamato warehouse.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread