Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transportation to Taisekiji Temple 2014/12/6 15:13
Hi all,

I am planning to visit Japan. This will be my first time to Japan. One of my itinerary is to visit Taisekiji Temple in Shizuoka Prefecture.

I am planning to visit the temple during my trip from Tokyo to Osaka. I have heard that there is a bus from Shin-Fuji station to Taisekiji Temple. But since all the information are in Japanese, I am quite confused. The only website regarding the bus is in Japanese, http://www.fujikyu.co.jp/shizuokabus/time_fuji/time_fuji_37.html

Can anybody help me to confirm such information or any advice on transportation to Taisekiji Temple.

Further, does SHin-Fuji station provides large locker to put luggage?

Thank you in advance.
by bootack  

Re: Transportation to Taisekiji Temple 2014/12/7 10:48
Use google translate.

Ύ: Taisekiji
by CaRa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transportation to Taisekiji Temple 2014/12/7 12:38
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Transportation to Taisekiji Temple 2014/12/7 15:58
Thanks all. Has anyone tried this bus before?
by bootack rate this post as useful

Re: Transportation to Taisekiji Temple 2014/12/9 21:40
Fujinomiya trail is the second most popular trails to the summit of Mount Fuji. It is the only trail from the south side of the Mount Fuji but today only the shortest trail from Fifth station(Gogome) remains because you can get to the fifth station by using private cars. Old trails leading up to fifth station is exclusive to experienced hikers accompanied with Murayama trail guide. At sixth station the trail parts with the route to Hoei Crater.
by rikimilton rate this post as useful

Re: Transportation to Taisekiji Temple 2014/12/16 19:58
The first timetable says, "Irregularly run." You'll need to call 0544-26-8151 to find out when they run.

The second time table shows the daily operated bus (one bus/day both directions). From Shinfuji the bus departs at 10:30 and arrives at Taisekiji at 11:30.

When you go back, take the 15:05 bus.

Taxis should be available at both Shinfuji station and Taisekiji as well.
by rikimilton rate this post as useful

Re: Transportation to Taisekiji Temple 2014/12/17 16:38
I found out that the Shinkansen train from Tokyo will go to Shin-Fuji station and to access Fujinomiya station I need to have a few transits. Therefore, Shin-Fuji station will be more convenience.
by rikimilton (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transportation to Taisekiji Temple 2014/12/26 17:52
The name of this Temple is Taho Fuji Dai Nichirenge-zan Taisekiji. In October of 1290, this Temple was established by the second High Priest Byakuren Ajari Nikko Shonin, who succeeded the Founder Nichiren Daishonin. The name gTaisekijih (Great Rock Temple) is derived from the name of the land, gO-ishigaharah(Big Stone Field). The founder of the area was believer Nanjo Shichirojiro Tokimitsu, who was Lord of the Fuji Ueno province. In 1282, Nikko Shonin received the entire Heritage from the Daishonin. He was therefore installed as the Chief Priest of Minobuzan Kuonji Temple after the Daishonin's passing.
by rikimilton (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread