Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Elevators at Shinjuku Station 2014/12/15 01:25
Hi All,

I am thinking about taking the NEX train from Narita to the Keio Plaza Hotel in Shinjuku.
Once I get to Shinjuku Station, are there elevators to the street level?
We will have 3 large luggages, 1 carryon luggage and a knapsack.
thanks.
by lilien  

Re: Elevators at Shinjuku Station 2014/12/15 11:21
The Narita express uses platforms 5&6 New South Gate, at Shinjuku station. There are escalators rising immediately from the platform arrived at, which go straight to the concourse which feeds towards the Southern Terrace Gate. It is not a great distance, and there is a taxi stand outside this exit. You can get a taxi (you may need two) directly to Keio Plaza Hotel which is also situated on this south side, but several blocks down. Cost by taxi will be Y730.
Lifts will be available but usually not very convenient to the platform that the Narita Ex comes in on. If you google JREast image Shinjuku station it will be fairly clear to you that if you can manage you luggage, you do not have far to go, and the escalator should work well for you.When you come to feed your ticket into the exit gate, there is usually a wider one or you can go through the one nearest the station attendant who will just take your ticket and allow you through.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Elevators at Shinjuku Station 2014/12/15 11:25
Sorry, should have said Keio Plaza Hotel is out the south-west side. Still shouldn't be more than Y730 per taxi.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Elevators at Shinjuku Station 2014/12/15 14:19
I agree with the taxi thing from Shinjuku station to the Keio Plaza : its a decent 10-15 minute walk, even though it can be done by an undercover passage. There is also a travelator along the passage, but it is only operated on weekdays, and in Business hours (its mostly for the people working at the TMGOffices).
The alternative is much easier: I would use the Airport Limousine Bus, which is door-door.
The only reason we used the NEx was because we had a JR pass active on that day.
Good luck!
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: Elevators at Shinjuku Station 2014/12/15 16:32
If you don't need all your suitcases the first evening, you can have some of them delivered from the airport via takkyubin.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Elevators at Shinjuku Station 2014/12/15 20:48
Thank you to all for your feedback.

I really wanted to take the NEX to Shinjuku as it saves time but our luggage will be heavy so the escalator is not an option. And since we will probably have to take 2 taxis to the hotel, it's just not worth it. We will take the Limousine Bus directly to the hotel.

Thanks, again.
by lilien rate this post as useful

Re: Elevators at Shinjuku Station 2014/12/16 11:38
I really wanted to take the NEX to Shinjuku as it saves time but our luggage will be heavy so the escalator is not an option.

It's also quite a bit cheaper even with the added taxi ride. But the limo bus is quite a bit easier.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread