Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

the new JR Hiroshima Yamaguchi Area Pass 2014/12/15 12:14
Dear japan-guide experts, I am thinking of getting this new pass.

I read that

"Unlimited use of non-reserved seats on the Sanyo Shinkansen (including Nozomi and Mizuho) between Fukuoka's Hakata Station and Mihara in Hiroshima Prefecture." and

"Reserved seats are not covered by the pass. If pass holders wish to use a reserved seat, nevertheless, the pass will cover only the base fare, while the limited express fee will have to be paid separately."

Does this mean even if I don't mind taking a NON-RESERVED seat on Nozomi, I still have to pay a limited express fee on top of the 11000 -yen pass ?

Thank you so much for your help !

Best regards,
william
by newasia8  

Re: the new JR Hiroshima Yamaguchi Area Pass 2014/12/15 12:49
Does this mean even if I don't mind taking a NON-RESERVED seat on Nozomi, I still have to pay a limited express fee on top of the 11000 -yen pass ?

No, non-reserved seats on the Nozomi are fully covered by the pass. You only have to pay the limited express fee to use RESERVED seats.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: the new JR Hiroshima Yamaguchi Area Pass 2014/12/15 13:20
thank you so much! I use Hyperdia and obtain:

Hakata to Hiroshima

Fare:\ 5,080 Reserved Seat Fee:\ 3,870
Unreserved Seat Fee:\ 3,340

Does that mean the limited express fee for a reserved seat is the difference i.e. 3870 - 3340 = \ 530 or the full amount \ 3870 ?

Thanks again for your help!
by newasia8 rate this post as useful

Re: the new JR Hiroshima Yamaguchi Area Pass 2014/12/15 13:53
The full amount, 3870 yen.

Re: the new JR Hiroshima Yamaguchi Area Pass 2014/12/15 20:12
Thank you so much yllwsmrf san!

My itinerary is

Hakata to Hiroshima on a Tuesday

and

Hiroshima to Hakata on a Friday.

In your opinion, do you think non-reserved seats(non-smoking) would work for these two journeys ?

Thanks again.

Merry Christmas in advance!

Re: the new JR Hiroshima Yamaguchi Area Pass 2014/12/15 20:14
sorry. just want to add, this is for trave in June.

Thanks.

Re: the new JR Hiroshima Yamaguchi Area Pass 2014/12/16 11:34
Yes, the trains are quite frequent. You probably shouldn't have much trouble getting seats as long as you aren't travelling during the rush hours. But either way, you could also try lining up extra early to be the first onto the train.

Re: the new JR Hiroshima Yamaguchi Area Pass 2014/12/16 15:29
Thank you so much!

Really appreciate the help :)

Best regards
william

reply to this thread