Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

which train services 2014/12/18 16:54
Hello! I will be visiting Japan in January for a week with my elder parents and my two little children. Since we are arriving around 1700 I doubt we can take the airport limousine to our hotel in Asakusa ( Asakusa View Hotel). I've been trying to understand which train service to take but I am getting confused and with our situation (elder parents, luggages, stroller, children) I am wondering if its possible to get to our hotel while navigating in the sea of commuters. Honestly i think the idea is already stressing me out. Please give me any suggestions. Thank you very much. Distressed mom
by Lydia (guest)  

Re: which train services 2014/12/18 22:22
That hotel is in a very inconvenient location. The BEST thing you can do is find one near a station - Ueno or Nippori if you use the Keisei railway, the fastest from Narita.
The next best thing is to take a Keisei train. You will have to ask the attendant which one goes to ASAKUSA station. Then take a taxi to the hotel. You will probably need two taxis for so many people. It's not very far to the hotel so it shouldn't be more than Y1000.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: which train services 2014/12/18 23:10
Another alternative, since the hotel is in-front of Tsukuba Express' Asakusa Station: Take Any Keisei Express train from Narita to Ueno, then take a JR train (many choice Hibiya Line, Joban Line) to Minami Senju.
From Minami Senju takes Tsukuba Express and alight at Asakusa Station (4).
http://www.mir.co.jp/en/howto_tx/timetable/index.html

Three trains, but stop in front of the hotel.
Check the google map first, if you are interested in this approach, otherwise, take taxi from Ueno
by YuruYuri rate this post as useful

Re: which train services 2014/12/18 23:52
I would say take the Keisei skyliner to Nippori station and then take the taxi to the hotel. Fastest and morst efficient way, but not very cheap. I think you will need 2 taxis
by asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: which train services 2014/12/19 00:56
If you take the Keisei Skyliner go to the last stop, UENO, then take a taxi to the hotel. That should be the best and easiest way of all.

Re: which train services 2014/12/19 06:54
Thank you so much for your inputs. I have another question, considering I am taking the train during the rush hour, do you think I'll have a hard time squeezing my luggage's among commuters? How bad is rus hour especially between the airport to Ueno o Nippori? I don't want to be given the dirty look. I wont be dragging too many suitcases since this will be quick stop over. I could also cancel my booking and look for hotels around Ueno or Nippori. Thank you very much again for your suggestions
by Lydia (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: which train services 2014/12/19 07:01
The Keisei skyliner is an aiport express train, aka all reserved, space for suitcases, non-commuter train.

Other Keisei lines are more commuter lines
by asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: which train services 2014/12/19 11:50
How about the Narita sky access line? Are they the same or take commuters? Thank you

Re: which train services 2014/12/19 11:53
How about the Narita sky access line? Are they the same or take commuters? Thank you

Re: which train services 2014/12/19 13:03
It's a route name. On Narita sky access line, both of skyliners and commuter express trains run.
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: which train services 2014/12/20 00:30
Lydia:
The Keisei trains start at the airport. There are NO commuters there. Commuters are not a bunch of wild aliens. They are normal, well behaved, people. While Japan's commuter trains may be crowded, there is no pushing and shoving. The people line up at precise places marked on the platforms and they wait until people on the train come out, then they go in - very orderly.
But you don't need to worry about it because there are NO commuters at the airport.

reply to this thread