Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokuriku shinkansen with JR East pass 2014/12/22 15:32
I have a plan to Kanazawa from Tokyo in next spring and i will use jr east pass for this trip.
Can i use this pass to Kanazawa by Hokuriku shinkansen?
Thank you.
by Nan (guest)  

Re: Hokuriku shinkansen with JR East pass 2014/12/22 16:29
Hmm. That's a pretty good question actually. I'm not 100% sure (I can't find specific information about it) but I imagine since it's an extension to the line, and it's still operated by JR East the company that currently operates the shinkansen line to Nagano, that it will be valid all the way to Kanazawa. Bear in mind it doesn't actually open until March though, so make sure it's available when you're coming as the JR East Pass won't cover travel to Kanazawa along currently operating train routes.
by PhilipJFry rate this post as useful

Re: Hokuriku shinkansen with JR East pass 2014/12/22 16:42
I am pretty sure that the JR East Pass will be valid as far as Joetsu-Myoko, because that is the border station between JR East and JR West. It surely will not be valid beyond Joetsu-Myoko.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2014/12/22 16:43
I would assume that it will not be covered by the JR East Pass. You can get from Nagano to Kanazawa by non-Shinkansen trains now and they are not covered by the JR East Pass.

Happy to be corrected by one of the train experts like Omotenashi or Dave in Saitama!

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Hokuriku shinkansen with JR East pass 2014/12/22 16:47
I'm not sure about the details, but presumably the JR East pass will be good on the Hokuriku Shinkansen up to Joetsu-Myoko Station, which is the shinkansen border station between JR East and JR West. JR East does add some nice extras into their passes, but covering the route to Kanazawa is a bit much to ask.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Hokuriku shinkansen with JR East pass 2014/12/22 22:58
If you are in the U.S. you can call the JR office in New York and get the correct answer.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

... 2015/1/28 08:46
JR East have updated validity and as Uji suggested you can go as far as Joetsu-Myoko Station.

http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pdf/ntrt_150116_e.pdf

If you have a JR East Pass you would have to pay for the section from Joetsu-Myoko to Kanazawa.
by GC3 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread