Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which city in order and JR Pass 2014/12/23 04:08
So im planning visitinJapan for the first time on January 2015. Will be landing in Narita, and directly move to Kyoto and will be staying there for about 5-6 days. And from Kyoto, i'll just take a day trip to Osaka, Nara and Kobe. On the 6th or 7th day, I will move to Tokyo for another 6 days. My question here, is it possible if i just stay in Kyoto and take a day trip to other cities i mention above? And should i take the ordinary 7 days JR pass, (since i need that from narita-kyoto-osaka-nara-kobe-tokyo as long as it doesnt more than 7 days)
Or should i purchse the east or west JR pass?

Thank you for anyine who would answer and help me out with my inquries...

Regards,

JR
by Jimmy Ray (guest)  

Re: Which city in order and JR Pass 2014/12/23 09:16
My question here, is it possible if i just stay in Kyoto and take a day trip to other cities i mention above?

Yes, and would be what I would recommend.

And should i take the ordinary 7 days JR pass, (since i need that from narita-kyoto-osaka-nara-kobe-tokyo as long as it doesnt more than 7 days)
Or should i purchse the east or west JR pass?

The 7-day JR pass would suit your trip. Don't use it immediately when you arrive, rather activate it starting the Tokyo-Kyoto day to cover your round trip shinkansen. You can get a cheap Tokyo Direct Ticket to cover the Narita Express ride into Tokyo instead.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Which city in order and JR Pass 2014/12/23 10:17
Since that is settled let me recommend

Half a day and half a night in Kobe
Two days in Osaka
Half to full day in Nara
Same for Uji
Could do Uji/Nara same day
Rest of time in Kyoto (At least three full days)
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which city in order and JR Pass 2014/12/23 11:25
The 7-day JR pass would suit your trip. Don't use it immediately when you arrive, rather activate it starting the Tokyo-Kyoto day to cover your round trip shinkansen. You can get a cheap Tokyo Direct Ticket to cover the Narita Express ride into Tokyo instead.
so you mean when i arrived at Narita, just use a regular train to Tokyo and from Tokyo to Kyoto i activate the JR Pass?

And thank you for the advice for divide my trip in Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe and Nara. Will try to figure it out once i get there...

Thank you for all responses :)
by Jimmy Ray (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which city in order and JR Pass 2014/12/23 12:00
so you mean when i arrived at Narita, just use a regular train to Tokyo and from Tokyo to Kyoto i activate the JR Pass?

No, buy this instead:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_nex.html

Re: Which city in order and JR Pass 2014/12/23 12:17
the OP states he's moving straight to kyoto from narita, so there's no point in a toyko direct ticket.

he should stick with his original plan as it's pretty much the way to do his trip.
by pas7680 rate this post as useful

Re: Which city in order and JR Pass 2014/12/23 12:30
Oh my mistake, I thought they were doing a few days in Tokyo first. Must have been another thread.

Scratch the Tokyo Direct Ticket idea, you can go straight through as pas recommended.

reply to this thread