Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel to Mt Fuji from Tokyo 2014/12/29 02:58
Hello, there!

I am taking my second trip to Japan this spring, at the end of March to try and catch the sakura. I am planning on taking a two day trip to stay at Yukemuri Fuji no Yado Ooike ryokan at the very beginning of April, and I am trying to figure out how best to get there. Last time I went I had HIS book my trip for me, but this time I wanted to do it on my own using Japanican.

Aside from the trip to Fuji, I'm just staying in Tokyo for two weeks so I don't think that the JR pass is going to be a particularly good deal to me, but perhaps you guys can enlighten me!

Thank you!
by Secret Duckie  

Re: Travel to Mt Fuji from Tokyo 2014/12/29 18:55
Have you looked up this ryokan on Google Maps? It's about a kilometer from Kawaguchiko station, so taxi should not be too expensive.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Mt Fuji from Tokyo 2014/12/29 22:39
Hi Maine-iac,
You're the first person from Maine I've seen on this site.
My Grandfather was born in Union, my father and I in Mass. but now I live in Oregon.
Anyway, a JR pass will not be very useful in Tokyo. Look into a JR East pass for longer trips around Tokyo, like Kawaguchiko, Kamakura, Nikko, etc.
If you plan carefully, you can use it to get back to Narita. From Narita into the city there is a special Y1500 ticket on the NEX (Narita Express).
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Mt Fuji from Tokyo 2014/12/30 13:35
You have a private message. Top of this page, right side, click "Member Area".
by Dick H rate this post as useful

reply to this thread