Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Icoca for Koyasan travel - can be used? 2015/1/4 02:49
Hello,

I would like to ask, wheteher I can use ICOCA card for travelto Koysan or not. I plan to go to Koyasan from Kyoto, stay overnight and the next day travel to Tokyo. I have JR pass purchased.

Thanks a lot for help
Jan
by Jan Hejcman (guest)  

Re: Icoca for Koyasan travel - can be used? 2015/1/4 09:57
I would like to ask, wheteher I can use ICOCA card for travelto Koysan or not.

Yes, Icoca covers the base fare for the trains and the cablecar to Koyasan. However, the buses on Koyasan do not accept Icoca. If you take a limited express train between Osaka and Koyasan, you will have to pay a supplement (for which you may not be able to use Icoca).
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca for Koyasan travel - can be used? 2015/1/8 13:05
Go through Osaka (probably have to anyway), and purchase a Koyasan World Heritage Pass at Shin-Imamiya station (or any other major Nankai station in Osaka). Good value, and gives you a return train trip from the Nankai station you leave from to Koyasan (including limited express train on the forward journey, and the cablecar ride), plus unlimited bus rides for two days (you will need this - it's the only way to get from Koyasan station to the temples unless you drive!).
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread