Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo - Kyoto - Tokyo 2015/1/9 13:04
Hi! Can I check if I am flying to Narita airport and I only have Kyoto and Tokyo in mind to see sakura. So the best way is to go Kyoto after landing in Narita Airport. Then from Kyoto, I will take speed train back to Tokyo. Any good suggestion I can see Sakura and it is near to Tokyo
by looneygirl (guest)  

Re: Tokyo - Kyoto - Tokyo 2015/1/9 16:39
you can take a dosmetic flight from Tokyo to Kansai international airport or to Osaka Itami Airport.

From there is takes about an hour by train.

If you were to take a train from Narita to Kyoto it would take about four hours.

Many gardens in Tokyo has cherry blossoms. See Japan Guide page for more details. But a quick answer for Tokyo would be Shinjuku goen is one that I would recommend.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo - Kyoto - Tokyo 2015/1/12 12:23
Hi! Thanks for the reply! Which means if from Tokyo to Kyoto by rail will be about 4 hours. Do you have any idea how much the rail ticket will cost? But which is the best time for sakura? Because I know it is kind of hard to predict it now.
by Looneygirl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo - Kyoto - Tokyo 2015/1/12 12:38
A good place for Sakura in Tokyo is the Imperial palace moat near Kudanshita subway station.
There is a divided walkway along the moat with Sakura trees in the center. There are usually Ohanami parties under the trees in the grass between the sidewalks. The huge stone walls of the moat, the blue rowboats in the water and the Sakura make great photos.
Go out exit 2, walk straight ahead, past the fire station and you will come to the walkway on the left side.
As I recall from my years there, April 10 was always good.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo - Kyoto - Tokyo 2015/1/12 12:43
Also worth seeing in Tokyo is the Tsutsuji (Azalea) festival at Nezu Shrine, near NEZU station on the Chiyoda subway. It is from early April to early May.
http://www.gotokyo.org/en/kanko/bunkyo/event/tutujimaturi.html
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo - Kyoto - Tokyo 2015/1/12 18:39
Hi Dick, thanks for the reply. which is maybe just staying in Tokyo is good enough. Now i am trying to find hotels or B&B to stay in Tokyo. but seem like the period i want to go (3 apr - 12 apr) are fully booked. :(

Do u have any good recommendation for budget hotels in Tokyo?
by looneygirl (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread