Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Question about Haruka tickets 2015/1/11 18:03
Hello, I'll be visiting Osaka soon and plan to purchase the round-trip Haruka & Icoca card.

The Haruka / Icoca website says this:

After leaving the "HARUKA" train, the discounted Kansai-Airport Express
"HARUKA" ticket can also be used for other trains within the Kyoto, Osaka and Kobe Zone shown above, up until the station where the passenger first exits through a ticket gate.
(With round-trip tickets, the return ticket can be used from any station within the Kyoto, Osaka and Kobe Zone shown above to the Kansai Airport, provided that the passenger does not exit from any station in between.)

However, the Japan Guide page states:
"After getting off the Haruka, ticket holders can use the ticket to transfer to other JR trains (except limited express and shinkansen trains) to reach any JR station in the area shown on the map below: "

If I were to change from Tennoji station to the Tanimachi Line, and get off at Tanimachiyonchome Station, would the Haruka ticket cover this part of the journey? Just wanted to know whether I need to start using the Icoca at this point.

Thanks in advance! :)
by rayeraye  

Re: Question about Haruka tickets 2015/1/11 19:21
Bith are correct: you can only transfer to JR trains because if you transfer to trains of other companies, you have to pass through a ticket gate.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Question about Haruka tickets 2015/1/11 19:48
Hi Firas,

Thank you! I thought that might be the case, so thank you for confirming it. :)
by rayeraye rate this post as useful

reply to this thread