Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nagano snow monkeys in March? 2015/1/19 21:31
Hello everybody, my wife and I are planning our 12 day trip to Japan and thought it'd be a great idea to see the snow monkeys near Nagano as a side day trip.

Is March an appropriate time to see them? Would there be snow in the area? I've read elsewhere that when it gets warm the monkeys hang out in the mountains and don't get to the onsen.

Thank you
by N777k  

Re: Nagano snow monkeys in March? 2015/1/20 09:06
Is March an appropriate time to see them?

Yes, especially early March still comes with nice, fresh snow, which provides the best scenery for seeing them. By late March, I am not so sure how much snow will remain - if at all. But even then, seeing the monkeys can be a joy. As a matter of fact, I personally think they are worth a trip at any time of the year.

I've read elsewhere that when it gets warm the monkeys hang out in the mountains and don't get to the onsen.

No, they come down the mountain at any time of the year. But fewer monkeys will enter the bath during the warmer seasons. But March is still winter, especially early March.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Nagano snow monkeys in March? 2015/1/20 09:14
Thank you for your quick reply Uji.
by N777k rate this post as useful

reply to this thread