Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

KIX-Kyoto-Kanazawa-Osaka-KIX - best pass 2015/1/23 03:13
I am making a 7 days trip in end Jan to Kyoto/Kanazawa/Osaka. Arriving and departure from KIX. What's would be the mist cost effective rail pass to travel between the above 3 destination. JR West does not seems to have a pass to cover all 3 cities. JR 7 day pass does not seems to be of good value.
What is the most cost effective combination of rail pass/ single trip ticket that covers the above trip?
thanks a million in advance for advices
by WIM (guest)  

Re: KIX-Kyoto-Kanazawa-Osaka-KIX - best pass 2015/1/23 16:58
Have you seen the new pass on this website's font page?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: KIX-Kyoto-Kanazawa-Osaka-KIX - best pass 2015/1/23 17:09
Unfortunately that pass doesn't start until March. In the meantime there doesn't seem to be a good pass for your needs.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: KIX-Kyoto-Kanazawa-Osaka-KIX - best pass 2015/1/23 17:11
Oh yes, I missed the part about "end Jan". The article also says a Kansai Wide pass plus a Hokuriku pass amount to about the same.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: KIX-Kyoto-Kanazawa-Osaka-KIX - best pass 2015/1/24 03:30
I think the closes one for you is Takayama-Hokuriku Area 5 days Pass http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_takayama_hokuriku.html

If you delay the pass a few days and have a few days first in Osaka before going to Kyoto and Kanazawa, this would probably work.

But if your planning to stay more in Kyoto and Kanazawa then single tickets are better.

Hope this helps!

Have Fun!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: KIX-Kyoto-Kanazawa-Osaka-KIX - best pass 2015/1/25 15:55
Thanks for all the advises shared.
I figure the best choices for my trip is
1) KIX- Kyoto - using ICOCA and Haruka pass
2) Kyoto-Kanazawa-Kaga Onsen-Osaka - Takayama – Hokuriku Area Tourist Pass
3) Osaka (Namba - KIX) - Kanku Tokuwari Rapi:t Ticket

Are my choices correct?
by WIM (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread