Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Snow near Toko in early April 2015/1/27 02:18
hi, I will take my family to Tokyo on the beginning of April , We will rent the private van with driver . we have 4-5 teenagers which 'd like to see snow and do strawberry picking .Could you please advise the places we can do 1 day tour not far from Tokyo?
by yui (guest)  

Re: Snow near Toko in early April 2015/1/27 14:09
Too late to see snow in Tokyo region in April.
You may have a chance to see snow in Hakone partly.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Snow near Toko in early April 2015/1/27 15:09
Apparently there was quite heavy snow at Karuizawa last April, though that was unusual. I don't know how far it is from Tokyo to drive, but it is an hour on the Shinkansen.
by Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Snow near Toko in early April 2015/1/27 20:00
Not too late. The snow resorts will still be open and they and other mountain areas typically have snow until May.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Snow near Toko in early April 2015/1/28 14:15
thank you all comments . I did some reserch and found that Naeba ski resort is quite interesting as they have other such as dragon gondola , snowmobile etc. for those who just want to see the view and the snow. How do you guys think?
by yui (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Snow near Toko in early April 2015/1/28 16:49
Strawberry picking[いちご狩り : ichigo-gari] over 80 spots/farms near Tokyo.(Not near Naeba)
http://www.rurubu.com/season/winter/ichigo/list.aspx?ac=2

Naeba is one of very famous large ski resort
also Gala-Yuzawa,Karuizawa-prince,Hakuba and some are still open.
Open each ski site web and read English pages.
Gala-Yuzawa and Karuizawa-prince are easiest access
by train(Shinkansen/no transfer) from Tokyo as possible day trip,too.
by Hegt (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread