Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Booking flights with time difference? 2015/1/27 03:10
Sorry if this is a double post! My internet here is awful so I'm not sure if my original post went through. If this did do a double post, please delete it!

I live on the east coast in the US and have to fly into Narita for February 14th.

I assumed I would have to take a flight on February 12th because of the time difference.

However, my company says if I take a direct flight on the 12th I would be a day early and arrive on the 13th.

So my company says to flight out on the 13th and I'll arrive on the 14th.

Is this correct? I thought with the time difference (EST - JST) I would have to fly out an extra day early.
by Confused (guest)  

Re: Booking flights with time difference? 2015/1/27 09:07
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Booking flights with time difference? 2015/1/27 11:32
Correct. You leave on the Feb 13th your time and you arrive on Feb 14th Japan time.

Right now Japan is 14 hours ahead of New York (EST). I say right now because in March when we move our clocks forward 1 hour, Japan will be 13 hours ahead.
by daai maou rate this post as useful

Re: Booking flights with time difference? 2015/1/27 12:44
Broadly speaking, if you leave East coast USA in the morning, you'll arrive in Tokyo in the afternoon of the next day. Thus, if you need to be in Tokyo in the morning on 14th then you will need to leave USA on 12th. If the afternoon on 14th is ok, then you can leave in the morning of 13th.
by Mr Shippy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Booking flights with time difference? 2015/1/28 00:04
All times are local when you book a flight.

But in your case, it depends what time you need to arrive.

If morning then most likely you will need to leave on the 12th to arrive on 13th and have some time to rest for morning of 13th.

If afternoon then that is going to vary from airline but most arrival into Narita between 3-5pm. If that is good then Flying on 13 to arrive on 14 is good.

Or

You can tell your company I am leaving on the 10th and have a few days in Tokyo XD

Have Fun!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Booking flights with time difference? 2015/1/28 00:12
once you make the booking , the airline itenary will provide all the details you require.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Booking flights with time difference? 2015/1/28 09:59
once you make the booking , the airline itenary will provide all the details you require.

As they are also provided before you make your booking for you to base your planning and your purchase off of.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Booking flights with time difference? 2015/1/28 20:45
Thanks, Yep almost forgot to mention about this, booking online, or through a travel agent, you should get all the information beforehand and before you accept the reservation.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread