Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suica card or train pass in Tokyo 2015/1/28 09:05
I will be on a short holiday in Tokyo in February 2015. I will be arriving Narita airport terminal 2 and will be staying at Tokyo Dome hotel. My itinerary during my stay is to visit Tokyo, Akhiabara, Shinagawa, Ginza. Which train pass should I purchase? Please advise.
Thank you.
by Wan Mohd Kamil (guest)  

Re: Suica card or train pass in Tokyo 2015/1/28 11:07
Suica card will make life much easier, as it can be used on both JR and subways.
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: Suica card or train pass in Tokyo 2015/1/28 11:30
ths Suica card is great, but you have to pay a deposit on the card itself, which is refundable.

it also depends on your itinerary. there are day passes that cover unlimited use on JR and/or multiple subway lines. the more lines it covers, the more it costs.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2017.html

at the ticket machines, press English (if you can't read Japanese) and check the details for the day passes.
by akamai4u rate this post as useful

Re: Suica card or train pass in Tokyo 2015/1/28 19:44
If you like to visit those places in one day, "Tokyo Free Ticket" is for you. You can ride on subway(Tokyo Metro and Toei Subway) and JR railways and Tokyo metropolitan public bus service inner Tokyo all in one pass. It is 1,590 Yen per person, per day.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread