Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone, mount fuji, fuji five lakes 2015/2/1 01:02
hi

I have the intention to Hakone for a day trip and the back to Shinjuku at night and next day travel back to mount Fuji and Fuji five lakes.

can I just buy 3days Hakone Free Pass for all transports between these few areas? or how should I go about buying what types of ticket?
by clueless26  

Re: Hakone, mount fuji, fuji five lakes 2015/2/1 08:56
can I just buy 3days Hakone Free Pass for all transports between these few areas?

No, certainly not. The Hakone Free Pass covers only Hakone. It does not cover the Fuji Five Lakes. Also, only one round trip between Shinjuku and Hakone is covered.

or how should I go about buying what types of ticket?

A Hakone Free Pass sounds good for the side trip to Hakone. As for the side trip to Fuji Five Lakes, it depends on what you will be doing in the area. There are different passes for different plans, but not using any pass can also be an option:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html

Alternatively, you could use a Fuji Hakone Pass and not return to Tokyo in between:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_014.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone, mount fuji, fuji five lakes 2015/2/2 01:46
Hi Uji

Thank you for your reply. however, im still abit confused. can you advise what types of passes should I buy? below is my plan.

I will be arriving in Tokyo on 27/3 Friday and will be staying in Shinjuku area.

I have to intention to visit Hakone for a day trip on 28/3 Saturday and if have time, to go Gotemba factory outlet from Hakone before travelling to Shinjuku at night. if not enough time, I will go Gotemba factory outlet from Shinjuku on 29/3 sunday and then back to Shinjuku. next, I will be going mount Fuji and Fiji Five Lakes on 30/3 mon for a day trip.

how should I go about what types of passes to buy? I am looking at all the free mode of transportations to be included when buying the passes. eg, ropeway,railway, buses, cruises in Hakone, retro bus, Fujikko bus in Fuji Five Lakes etc.

Do I have to buy 3days Kanto pass, Fuji Hakone pass and Hakone Free pass? or should I just stay a night at Hakone and next day travel to Fuji Five Lakes and then at night travel back to Shinjuku and buy Fuji Hakone pass only?
by clueless26 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread