Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to plan Hakone tour 2015/2/1 20:50
I am going to be in Hakone 29 March 2015 to 30 March. Will arrive 28 noon and plan tp leave Hakone the next day afternoon. Anybody can help me to advice the best program for and where do I have to start the tour.Thanks for your advice
by Didit Tumakaka (guest)  

Re: How to plan Hakone tour 2015/2/2 13:04
Nearly every guidebook shows you how to do the Hakone Loop. You don't need to be on a tour. Hundreds of people do it every day.

http://traveljapanblog.com/wordpress/2008/09/hakone-loop-ropeway/

My suggestion is to do the loop clockwise. Go in the opposite direction as that recommended by some guidebooks unless it is cloudy and the forecast is for clearing in late afternoon. Generally, Mt. Fuji is best seen in morning before becoming obscured by clouds later in the day.

You may feel rushed at the Hakone Open Air Museum (and you'll likely be with the crowds throughout your loop going counterclockwise) if it is on the first part of your loop. Avoid the food at the Hakone Open Air Museum.
by acase (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread