Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fuji Hakone Pass 2015/2/3 21:07
I will be visiting Kawaguchiko for 2 days, then to Hakone Yumoto for 3 days. However, the Fuji Hakone Pass is only for 3 days, and there are more things to see in Hakone. So I wish to use the Pass for last 3 days of the trip.

So I am thinking to go to Shinjuku and buy a Fuji Hakone Pass. Then I will buy a separate Highway bus ticket to go to Kawaguchiko. 2 days later, when I travel from Kawaguchiko to Hakone, I will use the Fuji Hakone Pass, as well as sightseeing.

(1) Can I buy the Fuji Hakone Pass in advance at Shinjuku?
(2) I will use the pass, departing from Kawaguchiko to Hakone, and not starting from Shinjuku. Is this acceptable?
(3) In between the 3 days, I can use the Fuji Hakone Pass anywhere in Hakone right?

Thankss!
by croobie123  

Re: Fuji Hakone Pass 2015/2/4 08:15
The Fuji Hakone Pass is unlikely to pay off if you don't use its two round trip legs. Instead, it would be better to just use a Hakone Free Pass (without access from Tokyo) and consider one of the passes that are available for the Fuji Five Lake area, while paying regular fares for the train to Hakone and the bus back to Shinjuku.

Passes available for Fuji Five Lakes are introduced on this page:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html?aFROM=5200_6900
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Hakone Pass 2015/3/23 15:55
Hi thanks for the prompt reply!

I am thinking of this then.

I will take bus from kawaguchiko to mishima station. Then, buy a hakone free pass at mishima and take a train to hakone yumoto. I will be able to use the pass for 3 days.

Is this the best?
by croobie123 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread