Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

First time going in Summer 2015/2/8 21:17
Hello,
I've been to Japan during winter and spring. Now I'm planning to see what summer is like. I've read it's really hot and humid.
Where I'm from has the dry heat during summer and it cools down during the night. I'm guessing Japan will be hot all day and night.

I'm planning to go for a month in August. What is summer like in Sapporo and Tokyo?
I'm thinking of spending a week in Sapporo, then fly down to Tokyo.

Is a good idea to be travelling around, or should I stick with shopping malls or places with air con?
by Tina (guest)  

Re: First time going in Summer 2015/2/9 04:09
August can be hot, but not always. The humidity in some of the big cities will be quite different to the dry-heat you are used to. Means you might end up doing things early morning and in the evening (afternoons for siesta time)

As for travel - get out and about. We'll be travelling in July and heading north and then back down the west coast to avoid some of the city heat.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: First time going in Summer 2015/2/9 10:06
Even though summer may be hot, places like Lake Toya and Noboribetsu onsen would be cooler at night. Drops by 15-20 degrees. (Feels like)

Because one is by a lake and the other by a lake and in the mountains!

Asahikawa is significatly cooler at night too. (Not as much as the mentioned above places)
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread