Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is it suitable to visit Koyasan in winter 2015/2/9 21:33
I'm in Osaka and very interested in the temples in Koyasan. If weather permits, I would like to visit there in Feb 11. However, is it suitable to go to Koyasan in winter? (I am worried if it will be dangerous.)
by Chun (guest)  

Re: Is it suitable to visit Koyasan in winter 2015/2/10 08:46
Yes, it is a great place in winter, although snow is not guaranteed. It becomes very cold, though. So if you don't like the cold, you may not want to visit in winter. Even the rooms in the temple can be very cold, although heaters are provided.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Is it suitable to visit Koyasan in winter 2015/2/17 17:20
My brother and I went to Koyasan in early November one year and it snowed and was very beautiful but also very cold which we were not entirely prepared for. I think it is a lovely time to go but take proper winter clothes (we didn't and ended up leaving early because we were freezing). The temples I have stayed in there do not have great heating either so be prepared. Having said that I will also say that Koyasan is stunning under the snow. :-)
by Jess (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is it suitable to visit Koyasan in winter 2015/2/18 09:23
I went to Koyasan in late November last year; no snow but still quite cold, although we just needed jumpers and an overcoat and we were okay. The temple we stayed in, Ekoin, provided us with a kotatsu (heated table, very cosy) and a heater in our rooms; it was cold outside the rooms but perfectly fine inside (and in the onsen!). I even overheated while sleeping - the futon were very toasty! I saw a picture of Koyasan in the snow, it looks absolutely beautiful; so I don't see any reason not to go as long as you are well prepared for the cold and double check that your temple lodgings will provide adequate heating.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread