Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What passes to buy in Osaka 2015/2/11 17:51
Planning to tour around Osaka first 2 days, USJ the third day, then Kyoto for 2 days. Should I get 1-day or 2-day Osaka Amazing Pass plus Yokoso Osaka ticket to travel from Kansai Airport and around Osaka area for the first 3 days?
by Wing (guest)  

Re: What passes to buy in Osaka 2015/2/12 14:05
The choice of 1- or 2-day Osaka Amazing Pass will depend on what you want to see and do, but from my (very basic) research on it when I travelled last year, the 2-day is great value if you sightsee for 2 days. Obviously, the more discounts you use the better value!
To save time at USJ, you can buy your entry ticket at Kansai Airport. However, they do not sell Express Passes.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What passes to buy in Osaka 2015/2/12 15:30
Thanks.
Can I use the Amazing Pass to travel from airport to the city? Can I use it on JR Line to go to USJ?
by Wing (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What passes to buy in Osaka 2015/2/12 16:05
Osaka amazing pass 1 day is 2300 yen. With this pass you can travel from Sakai (midway between Kansai Airport and Tengachaya or Namba) to Osaka city center but you must buy ticket from Kansai Airport to Sakai, which is 820 yen. Instead you can buy Osaka amazing pass 1day Nankai version for 2900 yen which covers Kansai AP to city center of Osaka (to Tengachaya and Namba thereafter you can use Osaka subway for free).

Osaka amazing pass 2 day is 3000 yen and covers only Osaka subway (Osaka municipal subway). There is no Nankai version and you must pay separately to travel from Kansai AP to Osaka city center (920 yen). If you have enough time to see around Osaka for your first day, you might better buy Osaka amazing pass 2 day and the Nankai normal ticket (920 yen). If you just go to the first night hotel, you may want to buy Kanku Chikatoku Ticket (1000 yen) with which you can go to city center by Nankai and then take one-time ride of Osaka subway. With this ticket you must go to Namba first and then get subway. Yokoso Osaka ticket (1500 yen) enables you to ride multiple rides of Osaka subway.

http://www.howto-osaka.com.e.iv.hp.transer.com/top/ticket/railway/chik...

Anyway, you can not ride JR lines with these tickets/passes.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread